Chapter 19

Richey POV (Earlier)

"Hey what are you doing?" I asked Cameron as she texted a number on her phone. "What the fuck are you doing?" I called out still speeding trying to keep control of the wheel as I went to grab her phone. 

"Nothing!" She replied in frustrated tears.

"You think this is a fucking game?" I yelled as police cars and an ambulance sped past us towards the school honking to clear the path.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked panicked.

"We're gonna leave town and were never gonna come back." I said as I faced her while we were stopped at the light. She was crying as I held her face. "Its ok, it's gonna be ok." I said as I pulled her face in to kiss me. 

I pulled over to my house to quickly collect some necessary things including whatever money I had saved and Cameron stayed in the car. When I walked inside my father was on the couch watching hockey with a half empty whiskey bottle on the coffee table next to him. 

"How did your game go?" He asked as I hurried in. 

"It was prom."

"Yeah, yeah that's what I meant."

"It was fine, good." I corrected myself quickly.

"You get some?" He asked stumbling to get up. 

"No dad." I said as I carried a duffle bag into my bedroom. 

"Well whatd'ya mean no?" He asked in a slurred voice propping himself up on the staircase handle to keep his balance. I ignored him and went through my dresser drawers.

"And what's that for what you going campin with the guys or somethin'?" He asked slightly less slurred.

"Yeah." I lied. "Why don't you go finish your game dad I'll let you know before I leave."

"Why do you want me to leave so bad?" He said slurred again. "You hidin' somethin'? Being sneaky again." He said as he knocked into my award display and held out his hand to keep them from falling. 

"No." I said stopping and looking him in the eyes as I walked by to go the other dresser he was standing at. 

He stopped me with his hand gripped hard on my shoulder and forcibly spun me around and lowered his voice down as he glared at me. "You fuckin' boys again?" He said.

"Dad move I gotta go I told you that never happened." 

"Oh so you calling that boy from last year a liar? The one we met at the cabins." 

"Yes, he's a liar." 

He grabbed me harder and backhanded me across the face knocking me to the ground. "DON'T LET ME FIND OUT THAT MY BOY IS A FUCKING FAGGOT YA HEAR ME?" He raised his voice to the maximum level. I sat there holding my cheek as it was burning and my face was vibrating. "I SAID DO YOU FUCKING HEAR ME?" He screamed even louder as he grabbed me by my shirt and shook me hitting me against the dresser. "GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT AND GET OUT!" He spat out screaming and slamming all of my things off the dresser on to the floor at me with veins popping out of his forehead. I grabbed whatever I had in my duffle bag and just left with that and ran out the door and didn't look back. 

I rushed back into the car and threw my stuff in the back seat from the driver seat and started the car and slammed on reverse to get out of the driveway. 

"Babe your face is all red what just happened?" She said trying to turn my face to see the other side. "When our faces met she asked, "Are you crying? Babe what the fuck just happened?" I picked my hands up and slammed them back down on to the wheel and then repeatedly slammed down on the wheel and kicking my feet into the car wall. "Babe." She said nervously. I started screaming at the top of my lungs as tears streamed down my face and I slammed all the things on the dash board to the other side and slammed on the dashboard and continued screaming and banging. I accidentally slammed on the gas still in reverse and the back of the car hit a tree not too far behind us. The car jerked causing us to hit our heads on the head cushion of the seat. Cameron just looked over at me in shock unknowing of what to do. She ran out of the car as I was still screaming and my face vibrating again and whole body was burning up. She ran away from the car and was making a phone call and I sped off into any direction. I struggled to catch my breath as I was driving and tried not to hit anything else. I was speeding and saw a police car at a distance and swerved to make a turn down another road and I hit the curb and the car rode straight into a ditch. I fell unconscious as the car stood there. 

                                                          ...

I woke up in a hospital, or what appeared to be so, except my arms and legs were strapped down. I started screaming for someone to come here and release me, that I was fine and ready to go home. There was no answer for a while and eventually a doctor walked in.

"Finally. I'm ready to leave I feel fine now." I said as he stepped closer. "What are you doing?" I asked. He pulled out a syringe and injected me with something. I immediately started screaming as loud as I can for help as it was burning the inside of my body and eventually knocked me back unconscious.

This time I woke up when I heard some sort of trampling sound and the machinery in the room was shaking for a moment. I went to scream again but it came out as a muffled sound. Then I realized my lips weren't pulling apart, I couldn't even move them. I heard light footsteps walking into the room and when I looked up it was Scott. Right behind him was Alix. My eyes locked on to his and I immediately became filled with rage and thrashed in the restraints trying to free myself.