Chapter 18

This was it the day of prom. I knew how the night would go down, and I knew the whole time Alix would be unsuspecting and hopeful.

I saw him standing there with his two friends and I made eye contact with him knowing he was going to come over here the way he did last time. I asked him to dance with me and we slowly rocked to the music. I felt the same way I did the first time, not even just to reenact the same thing, I really wanted to kiss him and I tried and he turned his head to the side just like last time which I thought was cute. Everything just felt right. I didn't need to exact any details, I did what I wanted to, and just like last time I wanted to place his head on my chest and hold him there as we rocked. Now he's mine, I can hold him and make him feel safe just like I wanted. Nobody else mattered but the two of us.

After a few songs ballots went out for prom king and queen. Fuck. Now I have to convince him how there's nothing to worry about, except this time I knew better. In a few minutes this place is going to be up in flames. But right now we are in this moment. This moment of peace and happiness.

"To the devil with false modesty." I told him with a smile, knowing it all would end up ok ultimately.

"To the devil." He repeated with a smile back. Our ballots were collected and put into the box.

"Okay we've rounded up all the votes and this year's prom king and queen of Beacon Hills High will be Miranda Ross and Alix White!"

The school song began to play some and everyone was cheering and clapping. If only they knew what was coming.

The entire gymnasium was destroyed. Chairs, tables, and decorations knocked into the walls and students were thrown into the air appearing as if the room had exploded. By the time I realized something Alix had just done he was already on to the next thing. Water was pouring down from the ceiling, lights crashed to the floor, fire spread around the room. His power was building up so fast. All I could hear was screaming everywhere it sounded like something out of a horror film and it looked even worse. I looked up at him and just waited for it to be over. This moment didn't fail to scare me the second time either. This was something out of a nightmare.

When he exited the building I followed him closely behind and Ashton was right beside me. He ran over to the police cars that were sirening right outside and I ran over to Alix. 

"Hey, hey wait up." I said trying to catch my breath. His gaze with the road further down remained unbroken. "Alix." I said with my hand on his shoulder to turn him. He faced me and I tried to ignore the his eyes that were nearly consumed by darkness. "Why don't we run away together?" I asked him hoping to spare a few lives in the process of keeping the future intact. His eyes locked on mine blankly. "Please let me talk to Alix."  After another short moment of an uncomfortable glare he closed his eyes for a few seconds and when he re opened them his eyes returned to the same comforting blue.

He immediately started tearing up and hugged me tightly with his face buried into my chest. "I'm so sorry, Scott. I'm so sorry please don't hate me I should have listened I should have never came." He cried in my arms.

"No don't say that I would never hate you and you deserved to come and have a nice time. Everything is ok just come with me please."

"Fucking freak!" Yelled Richey as the car sped by with Cameron watching out the passenger window. 

Alix turned his head to face the car with blood stained tears still streaming down. I grabbed a hold of his face and held it in both hands and turned him back to face me and kept eye contact to comfort and soothe him. "Don't mind them ok? It's over now nobody can hurt you nobody is going to do anything like that to you again ok?"