Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning and Scott wasn't there. "Scott?" I asked looking around still half asleep. "Scott?" I repeated as I got out of bed. His shoes were still next to the bed so he couldn't have gone far. I walked downstairs.

"Storm have you seen Scott?" I asked as she was walking by in the hall.

"No, not this morning. I figured he was still sleeping." She stopped walking. "Is everything okay?"

"I just don't know where he is. I'm gonna go look outside."

"Alright, well let me know if you find him." She continued walking down the hall and I went outside.

There was a group of younger students gathered around Diamond as she told them about when she first started developing her unique ability. Her diamond coating sparkled beautifully in the sunlight. But still no sign of Scott. I started to get worried.

I saw Marilyn sitting by a tree reading. "Hey, Mary." I greeted her.

"Hi." she looked up and smiled.

"I need a favor."

Scott P.O.V.

I woke up strapped down to the medical bench that the previous "weapon" was on before we awakened him. "What are you doing!?" I yelled out as I furiously tried to break loose of the bounds holding me.

"Well Scott, it's come to my attention that you have become a threat to the corporation. In return, i'm afraid we're going to have to remove the gift we have bestowed upon you." The doctor from earlier said as he wheeled a machine with a power saw attached closer to me. I continued to struggle to get out. "But before that, we're going to need some more of your DNA for...medical purposes.

"You mean so you can give my power to something stronger than me. Just like your little failed experiment." I spat out.

"You were a failed experiment too, you have been for about ten years now." He said flicking a needle. I looked at him trying to remember him, but my memory from that long ago was completely blank. "But now you can help us create a better future for us all. Free of these mutants, by passing on your gifts to sentinels that are applicable to all mutant powers. After they have ridded the world of mutants, the Earth will again be in the hands of humanity alone." The needle came into contact with my forearm and he drew my blood again.

I violently thrashed in the seat to break the restraints but failed again. "It's no use Scott, you're just wearing yourself out." I growled at him and my blades were drawn from between my knuckles. He smirked at me. "And there's the claws just in time." He turned on the machine and brought it close to my hands. "Since adamantium can't be penetrated, we will have to remove your hands."

Right before the spinning metal blade came into contact with me, Alix and Mary appeared in the room. The doctor looked up and quickly ran to the opposite side of the room behind the curtain. Alix held his hands over the restraints and they busted open. "Come on." He said helping me up. Just then, the curtain was pushed out of the way and the doctor walked out covering his arm. He removed his hand and his wound from the needle healed.

"So now you want to be one of us?" I asked him confused.

"The ability to heal doesn't seem too bad." He said looking at his unmarked forearm. "In fact, it feels good." He said grinning and coming towards us. Alix slammed him into the filing cabinet with a telekinetic punch to the chest. He got right up and continued. I slashed across his face and he turned right back around as we watched him heal. He grabbed Mary's throat. "Now I want you." He shouted with a psychotic gaze holding a needle to her arm.