Chapter 15

I woke up to a blue skinned woman with short red hair standing over me. She had those same frightening yellow eyes I had seen before I passed out. "Good, you're awake." She said stepping to the other side. My eyes adjusted to the sunlit room.

"Where am I?" I asked groggily.

"That's not important."

"Who are you?" I turned over to her catlike eyes. "Better yet what are you?"

"Like you don't know." she crept closer. "What are you?" She asked back mockingly.

"Why have you brought me here? What do you want?"

"I want to fix the past, to prevent the sentinels from ever being created."

"What are sentinels?" I asked before remembering the professor's short explanation of them.

"Robots, given a variety of mutant powers. They were created for one reason alone, to exterminate us. But going back in time, before the government acquired my DNA that allowed them to possess multiple abilities without being destroyed, would prevent them from ever being thought of. Throughout my many talents I can not perform time travel. But with a combination of certain powers, I have a theory." She crept closer to me. "What is it that you want?" She asked looking down at me as she transformed into Scott. I glared at her angrily. "Come on Alix, for me." She toyed with me, mimicking his voice perfectly.

"Stop it." I warned feeling Phoenix trying to take control of me.

"Don't you want to help me?" She asked stroking my cheek with his finger.

"I said stop that." The Phoenix hissed, feeling the emotions that I feel. I grabbed her arm and dug my nails into her skin as she reverted back to her blue pigmented form. As I stood up gravity intensified drastically causing the floor beneath us to crack from extreme weight.

"This is the power we need." She said as she failed to take a step back. Her feet were glued to the floor like tree roots implanted into the ground. The blue woman smiled with amusement at the Phoenix's display of power.

The Phoenix, frustrated at the unfazed mutant, raised my arms to resemble it's flaming wings. It's burning aura shined around me. The hanging metal lights creaked as they shook back and forth from the ceiling. One by one the lights crashed down denting the floor beneath them as if each one weighed a thousand pounds. The mutant looked around at the vibrating room in amazement. She shielded herself with a barely visible wall of energy. The Phoenix was aware it's efforts were futile and ceased the gravity alteration. The force of energy around the yellow eyed mutant disappeared.

"You can control space." She said impressed. "I've found two of the three mutant powers time travel requires.

"Where is Wolverine?" The Phoenix hissed.

"He's fine."

"I want to see him." I asked fading in and out of the Phoenix's consciousness.

"He's one of the mutants I need for this...experiment." She said as she walked away.

"If you don't give me what I want," she was held in place with her body tensed up. "I don't give you what you want." The Phoenix told her in it's intimidating tone.

Our mutant eyes met for a short moment. "Fine." She agreed and led me to a clearing in the nearby woods. Scott was strapped to a tree with blood stained around his forehead and mouth.

"What have you done to him?" I ran up to him.

"I had to make sure his regenerative properties were still intact as they used to be." She answered.