Chapter 3

Regular P.O.V.

This was it, the day of prom. I was anxious, excited, nervous, and scared most of all. I wasn't good in big social situations like this. But I'll be with my friends so I'm sure that will loosen me up. I got dressed in a comfy hoodie and some jeans as usual and made my way to school. I walked along the halls hearing constant commotion about who's going with who, and who's wearing what, and going where afterwards. I got to first period with only a few people before me. Scott still wasn't here I was worried he wouldn't go to prom. He was so excited about it, I can't let him miss it because of me. Right before the bell rang there he was. He sat in his usual seat but made sure not to even look in my direction.

"Hey Scottie aren't you gonna kiss your boyfriend?" Laughed a guy behind me as soon as Scott sat down. He began to make kissy noises, a few kids started to laugh. It was making me so angry. I clenched my fist and

FLEX

His head slammed down against his desk with a loud thump. He looked up groggily with the corner of his head bleeding.

"Oh my God, Derek!" Yelled one girl frantically.

The teacher ran to Derek's side, everyone began to panic but nobody seemed to notice what I did. Nobody but Scott. He just stared at me with his eyes in a squint and his mouth slightly open as if in disbelief.

Eventually after all the mayhem and tension throughout the rest of the period, the bell rang.

I caught up to Scott before walking to my next class.

"Scott, I'm really sorry about all this I didn't make the-"

"I'm not mad about the rumors anymore."

"You're not?" I asked confused.

"I can't be mad at you for something someone else made up. I believe that you didn't make the rumors, I guess it was my fault for asking you to go in public." He confided. His answer hurt me but I didn't show it, I understood where he was coming from.

"That's beside the point, you just almost killed someone." He continued.

"I'm sorry about that too he was just making me so angry and I could tell he was pissing you off too."

"So you admit that you did it?" He asked knowing he caught me. I stayed silent not realizing I just exposed myself. "Being angry doesn't justify abusing your powers. Regardless, it's over." He spoke as if he knew more than I did.

The late bell rang and we rushed to our classes.

...

After school I immediately took a shower and got ready to go to prom. I saw my mother in the kitchen preparing dinner and I slowly made my way to her.

"Mama, I've been invited to prom." I said nervous as to what her reaction might be. She began to mumble something under her breath and continued to cook. "Mama, I've been invited to prom." I repeated to her with hinted excitement.

"Prom? No you're not going." She said with haste.

"Mama what do you mean? I'm going with my friends." I explained.

"I allowed you to go to your little game but prom? Out of the question."

"Mama why?" I asked disappointedly.

"They're tricking you Alix. They're all going to laugh at you. Don't trust them." She warned me.

"They're not going to laugh at me mama."