Chapter 1

It was 7 A.M. and the halls were filled with students and conversation. I speed walked to my classes as I tried not to bump into anyone. I got to my first period before anyone else and sat down in my seat. The students came swarming in right before the late bell laughing, texting, or talking to one another. Walking in a few minutes late was Scott McCall, he was around 5'10 with dark brown wavy hair, tan skin, and dark brown eyes. His strong, masculine jaw lined a pair of soft lips and he was always wearing a dog tag around his neck that said his name. He's also on the lacrosse team. I wasn't too familiar with the sport but i had seen him play before.

He handed his late pass to the teacher and sat in the seat in front of me. I couldn't help myself from staring at him, I've had a crush on him all year. I didn't have to do today's assignment since I did so well on the quiz last class while mostly everyone else failed. That got me a few dirty looks and eye rolls. The teacher was going on about Jane Eyre but barely any of the class was paying attention. One girl was putting on a ton of makeup, another girl texting her boyfriend on the opposite side of the class and half of the class was asleep. All I could focus on was Scott, he looked irresistible in his leather jacket. He turned his head to the side and caught me looking so I quickly looked down at my desk. Way to go Alix. I thought to myself.

...

Fifth period I had Gym class which I dreaded. It's always so awkward in the locker rooms because every guy thinks I'm staring at them and pay more attention to what I'm looking at than the actual guys that are looking at them. I'm the only gay person that's out at my school so that kind of draws more attention to me. Out of nowhere Scott walked up to me with nothing but a towel around his waist.

"Hey do you have any deodorant I can borrow? I got here late and forgot mine." He admitted.

"Umm sure." I said so quietly I doubt he even heard.

"Thanks, so what's your name by the way? I've seen you in first period but I never heard your name."

"A-Alix." I stumbled out, trying not to make it obvious that I was staring at his perfectly toned body. I tried to think about something else.

"Nice, I'm Scott." He held his hand out to shake mine.

As his hand moved closer it was like everything was in slow motion, I could hear my heart beating through my ears and feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I looked up and noticed that the light above me was dimming in and out.

"Scott man why are you talking to the queer?" Asked Richey disgustedly.

Richey was slightly over 6 feet tall, had short brown hair and tanner skin than Scott. He was your average jock douchebag.

"Why are you such a dick to him what did he do to you?" Scott asked back.

"Nothing, I just don't like the little prick." He said making eye contact with me for just a second.

"And why's that?" Scott continued.

"Because I don't get along with faggots."

I looked over at Scott as he stared at Richey with his jaw tightened. I could tell he was angry. The light above me flicked again. Scott released his tension and looked over at the light.

"That's enough now Mr. Ramirez, you've already earned yourself one detention, do you want to make it two?" Asked the gym coach sternly. Richey walked off angrily muttering something under his breath.

Afterwards once we left the locker room and went into the gym to meet the female half of the class, I saw my friend Miranda. Miranda was beautiful but not stuck up about it. She had long bubblegum pink hair with the slightest dark roots coming in, she was practically my height and always had perfect winged eyeliner.