Chapter 8

As the night-time had risen and the air was still we gathered around the building, ready to find the boy who was the cause of this cure.

Troops flooded out of the building armed and ready for a fight. One of Magneto's stronger members, Pyro went to lead the fight but Magneto stopped him. "In chess the pons go first."

They began shooting right off the bat. "Humans and their guns." Magneto snickered and held out his hand to take control of the guns. They kept shooting without interference. He tried again, nothing. "Plastic, they've learned." He said surprised. Spinning discs that shot dozens of needles per second were thrown into the middle of the fight. A good amount of mutants were struck.

"That's why the pons go first." He turned over to Pyro.

"Target the bridge!" Yelled out one of the troopers. They fired their weapons where we stood. Magneto quickly raised his hands to lift two large pieces of metal torn off from the bridge that shielded us.

The students from the school arrived and joined in the battle. They fought against Magneto, and alongside the humans. Scott looked at me from afar and our gaze didn't leave for a few moments.

"Traitors to their own cause." Magneto said. "Finish them!" He yelled out as a round of stronger mutants were released.

"Find the boy" he turned over to Juggernaut "and kill him."

"With pleasure." Juggernaut smirked and ran towards the building, right through the wall.

"He's going for the boy!" Yelled Storm. 

"Not if I can get there first!" Shouted the girl I witnessed walk through the solid doors after the first class I attended with the professor. She ran right through the metal wall and chased after Juggernaut.

Most of the mutants were struck and turned human but even more of the troops went down. Storm flew up with her arms stretched wide and her eyes shifted completely white. Lightning bolts gathered in the sky and shot down on the mutants below.

"It's time to end this war." Magneto said as he began hurling all the abandoned vehicles that were still on the bridge which Pyro set ablaze. The explosive, flaming cars rained down like missiles on the island, forcing all of the soldiers, and the members of the school down to the ground as well. As they hid behind whatever cover they could find, Scott and the remaining members desperately looked for a way to strike back.
Lying on the ground was a broken plastic cure gun; the cartridge of needles still intact. Scott noticed it and he had his counterattack. I was keeping an eye on him to make sure he wasn't injured.

"You think you can take out your old friend Iceman?" Storm said to Bobby, one of the boys in the class that could control ice and freeze almost anything on contact. He nodded his head and ran out towards one of the flaming cars.

"Storm, give us some cover." Scott told her. She nodded her head and provided fog by condensing water vapor from the surrounding sea into almost nothing misting around the island.

Iceman began freezing one of the flaming cars as it were was down, taking some of the sting out of it . An icy beam of below zero temperature was released from his palms, it was enough to cease the flames and drop the car before it crashed against the ground.

Pyro seethed with the desire to face his rival. Magneto saw the anger in his expression and said "go ahead" gesturing for Pyro to go into the fight. Pyro and Iceman both shot their extreme temperature blasts towards one another. Their power was tied until Pyro reached inward and began projecting his fire with redoubled force.

"You're in over your head Bobby. Maybe you should go back to school." The flame pushed Iceman's ice beam back until the flames seemed just about to engulf him. But Iceman countered by covering his entire body in solid ice, protecting him. He then snaked his hands outward and around to grab Pyro's wrists, freezing the lighters strapped to them. Since Pyro can only manipulate fire, and not create it, he was now defeated. Iceman smashed his frozen solid head against Pyro's skull to knock him out.