Chapter 12

We brought the group of mutants to Professor Xavier's school. Whether they wanted to stay or not, they now had a safe place to go. A place where they didn't have to hide or live in fear. Storm had taken over the Professors place since the tragedy that I caused.

"Welcome back Alix, Scott." Greeted Storm when we arrived. She seemed surprised to see me. "I see you brought guests."

"These are mutants that we rescued. They were held in captivity, being kept as prisoners and were only released when their DNA needed to be extracted to make mutants with greater power." Scott began to explain.

"Experimentation on mutants... It's not unheard of." Storm answered as a few students began to gather around.

"Whose there Storm?" Asked one girl, shocked to see me there.

"Relax everything is under control." Scott assured the frightened girl.

"Yes, come on in guys." Storm answered. "There's food in the kitchen if any of you are hungry." She offered. She gestured for Scott and I to follow her to speak privately. "I have one question, how are you alive Alix? I watched Scott...kill you."

"I uh...sort of...projected my healing properties to Alix and recovered his wounds." Scott answered for me.

"Really?" She said looking astonished. "That's really quite something. It didn't cause any harm to you?"

"Of course it did. I thought I was going to die, I almost did." He answered.

"I'm sorry about everything Storm." I said to her as my first words. "I wasn't in control of it." I admitted.

"It's okay, the professor wouldn't have been upset with you. He would've wanted you to stay here and continue on with us. You seem to be yourself again, so go upstairs and get some rest if you'd both like." She said as she started walking away. "David should have a spare shirt for you to borrow until you manage to find your own." She said to Scott. "What happened to it in the first place?" She asked turning back around with a raised eyebrow.

"You don't even wanna know." He said as he laughed and started his way up the stairs. I smiled awkwardly and followed along.

...

"Go ill hold them off!" The woman told me as her skin turned into solid diamonds. They shot their guns at her but the bullets had no effect as they bounced off her rocky skin. "Go!" She screamed extending her arms to shield us.

I woke up with a gasp and sat up right away. "The diamond woman." i said with my hands on top of my head. "Oh my god we forgot about her." I looked over at Scott as I herd him snoring. "Scott wake up." I shook him. "Wake up Scott. Wake up." I tried again.

"Ten more minutes." He said half asleep with another snore.

"No Scott really wake up, we forgot about the diamond woman." I tried shaking him one last time.

"Diamond...woman?" He asked groggily. He picked his head up from the pillow and looked at me with his eyes just barely opened.

"The people we saved, we forgot one of them." He rubbed his eyes in attempt to wake himself up. "The one that was shielding us." I put my hands over my face. "How could I forget about her she was the most important one." I said with utter disappointment in myself.