eight

Dolly quickly shows me where my locker will be, so I don't carry all of my books into our first class. I thank her quietly because people are looking at us, probably because of the stunt I just pulled against the 'queen bee.'

"English is this way," Dolly exclaims pointing towards a long hallway that is occupied by many sets of doors. "Also, I didn't get your name, so that might be helpful."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I completely forgot," I say whipping my hand forward for her to shake. "I'm Hazel, but you can call me Ze or H or... whatever you like, I guess."

She cracks a smile as we begin to make our way to the English class.

"By the way, I just want to warn you that our English teacher is a complete monster. There isn't a single night where he doesn't give us homework. And just because you're new, he's probably going to pick on you," Dolly tells me, and I mentally prepare myself for a horrible first lesson. 

My new friend pushes the door open and silently signals for me to enter the room first. I hesitantly do and allow my eyes to scan around the classroom. 

It's very plain. There are just a bunch of grey desks that are randomly placed. The walls are white, with no posters, no clock. Not even a window for God's sake.

I sigh and look at Dolly who merely shrugs her shoulders and heads to a table at the back of the classroom. As of right now, we are the only people in the classroom, and a small part of me feels nervous.

Are we allowed to be in the classroom without a teacher? Will the other kids like me? What if Dolly has better friends and leaves me? Will Chase be mad that I ran away from him? Why does Charlie hate me? What if I don't have anyone to sit with at lunch? Will Sierra continue being mean to me, or will she realise that I only accidentally ran into her? 

And the sad thing is that I don't know the answer to any of these questions. I seem to have zoned out for a while because when I look up students are beginning to take their seats. 

I automatically sit up straighter in my chair, and plant a small smile on my face, just so I seem approachable, and not like I'm trying to be a new bitchy kid.

However in return, I receive no smiles, and on instinct my happy façade drops. 

"Here comes Mr. Halligan," Dolly whispers from next to me, as her eyes stare at the emerging man, who is still in the corridor and out of my sight. 

I can feel as she shivers in fear and disgust, and I prepare for the worst. I see his perfectly polished black dress shoes first. Then his ironed suit, which is neatly tucked in. Even from above the clothes, I can tell that he goes to the gym. But when my eyes meet his face, I let out an audible gasp. 

Everyone's attention falls on me, and I instantly go quiet, having lost all of my witty personality. My cheeks turn the colour of beetroots, and I subtly glare at Dolly. 

"Why didn't you tell me that he was sculptured by god?!" I complain quietly.

"Well, I wanted to surprise you. Surprise," she exclaims in the same quiet tone with a guilty smile on her face.

This would be the best day of my life, except for the fact that I know this teacher. 

Fletcher Halligan. 21 years old. He went to a university that was near my high school in Melbourne. We were a couple for a bit over a year, until he mysteriously disappeared. The only thing he left was a note, saying how much he loves me, and that we'd meet again. 

Fletcher went to my primary and high school and graduated from it when I was only 13 years old. It would be an understatement to say that he was my crush. It started when I was 8 years old, but in the past couple of months after his disappearance, my love for him died down. 

Don't get me wrong, he still holds a special place in my heart, but nothing romantic. I'm no longer into older boys. Since all of the males who are my age have developed into 'lovely' men, I find it easier to communicate with them.

And I can imagine what my brothers would say and do if they found out I was in a relationship with an adult. Who's now my English teacher.

It wasn't sexual or anything, I do have my limits. We'd hug, and go on little dates, and even kiss sometimes. But we never touched each other in an inappropriate way.

"Ze, shut your mouth, you look stupid and you're staring," Dolly whisper yells to me, and I quickly avert my eyes away from Fletcher, deciding to look down at my lap instead.

"Miss. Bolivi I assume that you're new." I hear his voice say, and I feel goosebumps rise on my skin. His voice is deeper and more beautiful than the last time I saw him.

I nod my head, and squeak out a quick 'yes,' before starting to chew my lip out of anxiety. 

"Why don't you tell the class something about yourself," Fletcher exclaims, and I bring my head up to face everyone.

People seem to be shocked, and are whispering to each other quietly, as if the idea of a new kid is preposterous. 

"My name is Hazel, but most people call me Ze. I'm from Melbourne, and love Taylor Swift." I cringe at my own words, and think back to a time where Fletcher was one of the only people calling me Ze. 

"Does anyone have questions for Miss. Bolivi?" Fletcher asks, and I hate the way my father's last name sounds on his lips. 

Lots of students raise their hands, and I feel overwhelmed. People actually want to learn something about me?

"Yes, Miss. Abbott. Ask away," Fletcher says to one of the girls who is seated at a table at the front of the class, with other kids who all look bitchy like her. 

"Are you related to the Bolivi brothers?" Her disgustingly sweet voice pukes out. 

"My last name is Bailey," I say coldly, hating how that was her only query about me.

"Does anyone have more questions for Miss. Bolivi?" Fletcher asks, leaning against his desk, and crossing his arms. 

Everyone quickly lowers their hands, and I can't help but feel slightly offended. Will my brothers make up my personality at this school? 

"Well I think that you're a very interesting person, Miss. Bolivi. Stay behind after the class ends," Fletcher exclaims with a smirk, and all I can do is gulp and nod.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for over 500 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3

P.S: I'm so sorry that I haven't updated for a while. I got logged out of this account, and needed a lot of passwords to get back in.