twenty four

Dolly and I talked over text for most of the night and discussed meeting up the next day. We were going to skip school. I know that it's probably not very smart, but I need to establish my friendship with this girl, and if it means that I have to skip class, then that's what I'll do. 

Chase wakes me up in the morning, by pulling the comforter off my body. I groan in annoyance and slap his arm aggressively. 

"We have school to go to, Ze. You can't sleep in, today," he says, strutting out of the room.

I get up and choose some casual clothes to wear. I pair ripped jeans with a cropped halter shirt. I apply some makeup and style my hair, so it's curled at the front of my face.

I step in front of my vanity mirror, and strike a cute pose, before skipping down the stairs, to see the rest of my brothers already eating breakfast. 

"What do you think you're wearing?" Charlie questions, looking at me like my clothes are invisible. 

"Isn't this good? I thought I looked good," I say, innocently, giving them a twirl. 

"You certainly do not look good" Chase comments, staring me up and down, like my outfit is atrocious. When a sour gaze lines his face, I have to bite down on my lip, to stop the laugh. 

 "Well, you can't stop me from wearing this," I retort, grabbing a banana, and walking down the stairs which lead to the garage. 

I grab the first set of keys I see that is lying on the coffee table and use them to unlock a car. So far, everything is going my way. 

A couple of minutes later, Levi, Charlie, and Chase walk into the garage, and my oldest brother out of the three holds a school jumper. 

They sit themselves in the same seats as usual, with Levi driving, Chase in the passenger seat, and Charlie sitting in the back with me. As usual, he seems less than happy. 

Levi leans back in his seat, and passes me his old school hoodie, demanding that I put it on. 

"But it's enormous," I whine, trying to pass it back to him. "And it has your last name on the back. Everyone will know who I am."

"Our last name," my brother explains grumpily, as he reverses the car out of the garage. 

I sit in silence as other cars fly past my vision, and quickly, we have arrived at school. Dolly promised to meet me in the city, so I know that she's not coming today.

A small part of me is nervous. I have double English in Levi's class, and I don't doubt that he's going to quickly realize my absence. 

"Have a nice day, guys. And Ze, I'll see you in English this afternoon," my third oldest brother says.

All I can do is nod, knowing that I'm not going to be there, by the end of the day. 

The boys walk into the school, and I slowly trail behind them, ready to make my getaway. Dolly and I planned the whole thing out, as well as a second plan, just in case the first one doesn't work. 

I speedily walk to the bus stop, knowing that the bus I want to take leaves in five minutes. I stuff the oversized school hoodie into my bag, thinking that it's going to identify me easier, when Levi figures out that I'm gone. 

The bus comes on time, and I step on first, making sure that I get a comfortable seat. I pay the required amount of money, and get a window seat, knowing that the city is a 30 minute ride. 

I rest my head against the window, and close my eyes for a second, tracking the bus through an app on my phone.

Surprisingly, the time passes quickly, and before I know it, I'm having to press the button so the driver knows to stop at this location. 

I step off, and thank the old man, who gives me an appreciative smile. I look left and then right, trying to figure out my bearings. Doll said that she'd meet me on the right of the bus stop. 

And true to her word, there she is, waving her delicate hand in my direction, and smiling a smile that could blind the planet. 

"Hey," she says, embracing me tightly, when I'm close enough, "I thought you wouldn't make it. I had a feeling that you'd chicken out, or something."

"You really think that low of me?" I exclaim, sounding offended at her accusation.

"I think that this calls for a shopping spree," she squeals, before turning serious. "You did bring money, right?"

I chuckle sweetly at her, and begin walking, before answering her question. "Of course I did. But I need to add more money to my card, so we have to have to go on a trip past the bank first."

She nods her head, affirming m request, and we set off towards the buildings that make up the center of this large city.

We walk into the first bank we see, and keep our heads down, so no one recognizes us. I hold onto my card tightly, as my hands begin to sweat up, and shake. I must look so nervous right now.

I approach the ATM machine, and insert my card inside it, pressing different buttons, and deciding how much money I want to take out of the account. 

I look at Dolly and she shrugs her shoulders at me, feeling uncomfortable in the lavish place. "I dunno, take out 500."

I mutter a positive reply, when someone else walks into the bank. He's tall and muscular, making me feel intimidated. When he comes closer, my jaw drops in disbelief. 

Why is Adrian always in the same place, at the same time as me.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 3900 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3