forty five

Axel dragged me out onto the roof, so we could sit and watch the stars since it is a clear, warm night. 

At first, I was very hesitant, because height is not my thing, and having the chance of falling dozens of meters down, to my death, is also not my thing. 

However, I eventually caved, at the thought of getting to spend some more time with my most mysterious brother.

When I accepted Axel's request, he jumped around the corridor like a little school girl, before taking one look at my face and pulling himself together.

Although he thought I was judging him, I was actually trying my hardest not to laugh, at the sight of my second oldest brother skipping around the carpeted corridor, when he's usually so tough, and stoic.

I laugh loudly, letting it form from my belly, and come out from my lips. Axel looks confused before joining in with me, awkwardly.

"I think we should head up now," I whisper, wiping the final tears of happiness from my eyes. 

Axel nods his head in agreement, and together we trample up the stairs I didn't even know existed, which leads to the roof against the balcony. 

When we arrive at the roof, I look around the place in awe, letting out a gasp of surprise. It's far more wonderful than I ever imagined. 

The stars sit in the sky, glittering like movie stars do. The actual sky has turned a dark tint, due to the current lateness. It's peaceful outside, excluding the few crickets that want to ruin the quiet, but since they're so low down, it's more like a quiet hum, than an annoying sound. 

Axel is the first to sit on the balcony, and he supports my body, so I'm able to join him. I sigh in relief, and quietly think to myself about how the day went. 

I decide not to talk first, and keep the comfortable silence as it is.

Finally though, after several minutes of intensely watching the sky, Axel opens his mouth.

"How do you like it?" Are his first couple of words, as he looks over at me.

"It's beautiful," I breathe out, as if I have just ran an extra long race.

"I'm glad you like it," my second oldest brother chuckles under his breath, before turning serious again. "This is usually the spot I come when I'm really stressed, or need to take a break from either Matteo, Levi or the twins. Sometimes they become too much for me to handle."

I mentally shout, realising that we're far more alike than I ever thought we were. Axel is always the stoic brother. The one who is going to stand through a child bleeding out, while holding a neutral expression.

But this boy in front of me, is my brother. He's kind, and has feelings. The thought of having to put up with his brothers annoys him, so he's often having to take a break.

It turns out that Axel is literally the male version of me.  

Responding to his statement, I sigh, and let out a deep chuckle, telling him without words that I agree to with what he believed was a far fetched statement. 

"You agree with me?" Axel says, as if what I had just inferred was crazy, and completely unexpected. "I thought I was the only one who experienced the frustration at me siblings. Besides, you always have something to say about your feelings."

My second oldest brother scoffs at his last statement, and I feel the urge to roll my eyes, but decide against it, since we're having such a good time, and I'd hate to ruin it. 

Eventually though, it begins to get really cold, and we both mutually decide that it's time to head back inside. On top of that, it's a school night, which means that I have to get up early tomorrow. Again. 

I bid Axel farewell, before trampling down to my bedroom, and toppling against my bed in exhaustion. It has been a very long day. 

Suddenly, my phone lights up, and as a teenager who's addicted to her phone, I do the only thing I can think of. I pick it up. 

One new message from unknown. 

As usual, he's texting me. I know that I should be terrified and be telling my brothers, but most of me is curious, instead of scared. I need a little mystery in my life, anyway. 

I click the message to open it, and read over the words a couple of times, before allowing them to process in my head. 

I missed your company today, baby girl. I was hoping to catch up soon, but you seem far too preoccupied with your boy toy, and brother.

Attached to the long message are a complication of images. My finger hesitates over the first one, but my curiosity gets the best of me, and I end up opening it.

A photo of me and Axel on the roof, followed by one of me and him training. Each of the photos are blurred, meaning that they had to have been taken quickly.

My conclusion is that I know the person, and that they have some serious stalking issues. For some reason, I always imagined myself as one of those girls in books, who had a stalker, and ended up marrying them.

But now that it's happening to me in real life, I'm not liking the sound of it, anymore. 

Maybe it is time to tell someone. Anyone. Whether that be Dolly, my brothers, or Adrian. 

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 25300 reads and over 1k votes- 1167. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3