seventy six

That night, I decided to video chat with Adrian and update him on how my life is going, since I haven't had a chance to see him in a couple of days, now.

We have been talking for hours, and because I've already had dinner, there's nothing left for me to do until tomorrow, so there is unlimited time before I have to go to bed.

I've missed Adrian a lot. I haven't had a change to see him at school recently, because I've been away for a while. Seeing his face light up when he gets to talk about some of his favourite things melts my heart into tiny pieces. He's so perfect. There's not a single flaw when it comes to him.

Suddenly, there's a soft knock on my door, and instantly, I stop talking and look up towards where the sound came from.

"Come in!" I exclaim, waiting for an answer, or for someone to barge through the hallway, and into my private space.

Axel opens my bedroom door, and stands there stoically for a couple of seconds. In this time he thoroughly looks through room with judgmental eyes before finally glancing back at me.

"Who are you on the phone with?" My second oldest brother asks coldly.

I flip the screen around in the dark room so Axel can see Adrian's large face against my computer screen.

Both of the young men exchange silent head nods, as a way to acknowledge one and other. How masculine, I think to myself. 

"We're wanting you downstairs. People have brought the girl, and the others want to have a play with her. You're very welcome to join us, but the show will be starting soon, so you'd better hurry."

My brothers words aren't very specific, but they are enough for me to know exactly what he's talking about. And who he is talking about, as well.

"Yeah sure. I'll be down in a minute. I just need to say bye," I explain lightly, ushering my brother out of my room with a single hand flick.

He grumbles something incoherently under his breath, but never the less leaves my private space, and shuts the door after him, immersing my bedroom back into darkness.

"Sorry about that," I tell Adrian apologetically, smiling slowly at him. "I'll text or call you tomorrow, I promise."

I plant a kiss against my hand, and then place my hand against the computer screen. My boyfriend does the exact same thing, and we both laugh for a couple of seconds in the awkward silence, and at the cheesy action we both just did.

"I know that it's important, Ze," Adrian exclaims instantly. "And if you don't text or call me by midday tomorrow, then I'll just check in, okay."

I nod my head at his words, knowing that I'll never let that happen. The second I wake up, I will be texting my boyfriend.

"See you tomorrow," I say, with my mouse hovering over the hang up button.

"Bye, Ze."

And with that I click that big red button that has a phone on it, affectively ending the call I was having with Adrian.

I shut my laptop lid with a smile on my face, and skip to my door, making sure that my light is definitely off so I don't waste power, before slamming open my bedroom door, squinting at the sudden burst of colour and brightness.

Where did all of this stuff come from? I thought it was nighttime. Why are all of the lights in this entire freaking house on?

"Everyone is still awake, Hazel. It's literally only nine pm on a weekend."

I'm beyond startled when I see that Axel is next to me. Where did he come from? And did I just say my question aloud?

"Yes Hazel," my brother seems to be getting irritated. "You did ask that out loud. Now come on, we're all waiting for you."

"Why were you at my door? Who do you think you are? A stalker or something." I try my hardest to incorporate a joke, but he doesn't seem to find it very funny, because Axel throws me a pointed and harsh glare before scolding me in a sharp manner.

"You can't just go around and joke about stuff like that, Hazel. Maybe if you told us sooner none of that stuff would have ever happened."

I sassily shrug my shoulders, and plaster an innocent smile on my face. "Does that mean that you never wanted to save dad from that horrible place. Wow you really are a bad son."

My tone is dramatic and airy. Half way through my sentence I place my left hand over my heart, as if what my second oldest brother is saying actually wounds me.

"Shut your mother, Ze, I never said that, so don't put words in my mouth," Axel grumbles unhappily under his breath, realising that there aren't a lot of counter arguments for what I just said. 

"Let's go downstairs," I suggest merrily, realising that I just beat my brother at his own game.

The small smile I previously had on my face widens into something even larger, so I now look like that cat from Alice in Wonderland. The lovely white teeth are included.

"Watch where you step, Hazel," my brother threatens me. "You might just end up mysteriously falling down the stairs if you aren't too careful."

I can hear the smirk in his words, meaning that they are just a joke.

Right?

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 78000 reads and over 2k votes - 2997 votes - (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3

P.S. Merry Christmas Eve - at least from where I like in Australia! Who can't wait for Christmas tomorrow, even though they are not even a child anymore. Me!