seventy nine

The pressure from Noah's insides begging me to not push any deeper erupts throughout my hands. However I push further, and the knife ends up puncturing from one end of his stomach to the other.

I can even see the shiny, silver hilt of the knife poke out from the other end of Noah's body. It's a gory sight, and when his eyes bulge in pain I have to admit that I don't feel a lot of emotion.

Not like I expected I would.

That's good and bad, to be honest. I expected to get a high from hurting the person who has done terrible things to me, my friends, and my family. But I didn't. It also was a relief that I wasn't beyond mortified and decided to chicken out when I was halfway through the act, because that would prove that I am not strong enough to become the mafia woman I claim I will be.

I look towards my oldest brother who has neatly positioned himself in a small, almost invisible chair, that resides in the far corner of the room. He merely shrugs his shoulders, and wedges himself deeper into the metal contraption.

"What do I do now?" I hiss at Matteo, in a questioning and frantic tone, realising that I just drove a knife through a person.

He may not be an innocent person, but he is still a person.

"Pull it out," my brother drawls emotionlessly, as the sides of his lips quirk up into a malice filled smirk.

I think for a second that I miss heard Matteo, but when I do a double take, I see that his expression hasn't changed, and a dangerous substance flickers through his eyes.

"How am I supposed to do that?" I question wearily, hoping that my brother will just do it for me, and we can call it a day.

"The same way you put it in, except it might be a little bloodier."

I gape at Matteo as if he has just told me that our father murdered my pet kitten that I adopted from an animal rescue home.

"You're joking right," I confirm with my brother, hoping that he doesn't actually expect me to follow through with such a messy act.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Matteo begins to show signs of agitation but he quickly calms himself, by taking several deep breaths and closing his eyes briefly. "I know that you're still new to this, but it's important to know that you've not hit a vital organ or nerve in the prisoner's body."

I nod at the explanation because it makes perfect sense in my head. "I'll just take it slow, I guess."

My words could have been said inside my head, but I decide to voice them out loud just so Matteo is aware for what I am about to do.

When I get closer to Noah, I see that he has broken out into hot sweats despite the fact that it would have to be close to zero degrees Celsius in this part of the basement.

His entire face has turned a pale white, and his eyes are still bulged as if he can't believe what I just did to him. 

His mouth is slightly parted as if he's trying to scream but every sound he is desperate to make refuses to come out.

I almost pity the boy before I remember that he kept my father captive in his house for a bit over a decade, sexually assaulted me during a class of science while I was trying to learn, stalked me for months on end, pried into my private life, got into a fist fight with my boyfriend, sent me threats over text, broke into my house, kidnapped me, and brought me into his home knowing that I hate his sister, and was nearly raped by his brother.

Yeah, that's a long list. So maybe he does deserve what I'm doing to him. He's put my family through enough pain and danger for all of our lifetimes.

I grab the wooden end of the knife which I can just hold, since the rest of the knife has woven itself inside Noah's body.

His stomach is not emitting dark red blood, which proceeds to spill over the floor, and ruin my shoes.

It's fine, I'm sure that he will pay for it with the money we took from his house and savings.

I pull slightly against the knife, and realise that it's going to take a lot more than a little tug to get this thing out of his body.

Noah has now starting groaning in pain, thrashing around in his binds that hang him securely to the ceiling. 

"Stop moving!" Matteo snaps impatiently from behind me. "You're only making it harder for my little sister to get that knife out of your stomach."

But Noah doesn't listen. Or maybe he doesn't hear, because he's experiencing so much pain.

This time I pull harder against the knife, and satisfaction rises in me when I feel the metal slip closer to me. Now, the silver behind Noah's body is no longer visible because it has been pulled nearer to me.

"Oh this is so gruesome," my brother exclaims in mock happiness, "I love it!"

I grunt from my excessive effort, before I finally pull back so hard that I end up falling over in the process. I land on my ass, but at least the knife has unlodged itself from Noah's body.

The boy gasps in sudden pain, when Matteo finally steps up.

"You had your go, Hazel, but let me show you how a pro does it."

He gestures to the seat he was occupying a couple of seconds ago, and I hesitantly take it.

How dark is this about to get?

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 82600 reads and over 3k votes - 3221 votes - (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3