forty eight

When I parted ways with Adrian, fear overtook my body. What if my stalker was listening or watching my conversation? How would they react? What would they do? To me, to Adrian.

I don't know, and honestly, I don't want to know. I think the idea of what they're capable of, would scare me.

My day starts with science, which is currently my least favourite subject for several understandable reasons. 

Firstly, I have no friends, which is terrible, because we're currently doing practical tasks within that class.

And secondly, Noah's in that subject with me, and no one steps in when he decides to violate my body, against my will.

Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough- emotionally or physically- to interfere with his actions. Just like a coward. Because I am a coward. 

I'm tempted to skip the lesson, but to be honest, I don't want to deal with the consequences when Levi, and the rest of my brothers get word of it.

I mentally weigh up the options. Would I rather get in trouble with my brothers, and suffer through whatever they throw at me, or get touched inappropriately for a bit over an hour. 

When I say it like that, there seems to be no option, since I would very much prefer to not have to face my brothers when they're angry, unless I have to.

So, with an extended sigh, I walk into my science class early, with shaky legs. I'm surprised to see that Noah isn't already there, but brush it off, knowing that he is probably just going to be late today.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had better things to do than attend a science class, to touch a teenage girl for his own sick pleasure. 

I roll my eyes at the sound of immaturely in my sentence. 

Slowly, many more people begin to pile into the class, and take their seats at their usual spots, before setting down all of their books, and turning to the people next to them, so they can talk.

I look longingly at them all, feeling envious that they have someone to talk to, and I have to eavesdrop, because I have nothing better to do.

Eventually, the teacher waltzes in, and that is when I begin to feeling happiness arise within me. Maybe Noah is not coming today. He's usually early, so for him to come after the teacher does, sounds crazy.

I hum in content, and laze back against my seat, sighing to myself in comfort. The teacher begins to do her job, and drawls on about the anatomy of a lion, compared to a smaller animals, e.g. a fish. 

I nod my head, and lean forward, while smiling, trying to show her that I'm interested, despite my head whirring at a million miles an hour.

I'm sure that my eyes are glassy and dazed, because I've zoned out, and thought of better things that how a lion's body works.

10 minutes tick by.

Then 20.

Then 30.

When the 40 minute mark comes and goes, a euphoric feeling envelopes my body, at the thought of not having to see the boy who makes my school life difficult and hard. 

The lesson is a double, and I'm thankful for that, even though I have no friends in this class, and have to do the practical part of the lesson by myself. 

I happily chop away at different pieces of fruits, and place them inside a pot neatly, whistling a happy tune, as the teacher wanders around the classroom, inspecting each group's activity.

When she walks past my desk, the teacher stops for a couple of seconds, and raises her eyebrows in approval, before giving me a positive comment.

"You seem to be in a happy mood today, Miss. Bolivi. It is reflecting on your work. It's looking lovely right now, and I'm excited to see the final results when you have finished."

I flash the teacher a bright smile, and bow my head lightly, in acknowledgement. 

"Thank you, Mrs. That means a lot to me. I promise that it will look great when it has finished," I comment gratefully, looking back at my piece of work.

Once the teacher has walked off, I quickly glance at everyone else's sludges, and feel satisfied when I notice that mine looks the best.

It turns out that my mood can completely affect my work. 

At the end of the class, the teacher requests for everyone to set their item in front of her with a label, so she can judge which one is the best.

I hesitantly put my bowl of juice on the designated table, and neatly write my name on a piece of paper, before situating it in front of my bowl.

Then I step back, and nod my head in affirmation. It looks good, compared to the other ones around them. 

But I don't think I have a chance of winning.

Everyone has formed a line, as the teacher paces back and forth between each bowl, thinking deeply, before placing her stumpy fingers against her chin. Finally though, she finally stops walking between all of the pieces, and makes up her mind. 

"I've decided," she whispers, dramatically, looking all of us in the eye, as if this is a life or death situation. 

People begin to form a drumroll, as she waits to say the team of winners. "Miss. Bolivi, you can go to lunch early, because you are the winner!"

Without another word, I grab my bags, and sprint out of the room, wanting to get to my locker first.

But one thought lingers in my head. 

I am a winner.

vA/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 28800 reads and over 1k votes- 1309. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3