seventy eight

We travel to the bottom of the basement where Sierra, Fletcher, and Noah are being kept. I don't want to imagine what it looks like down there.

So far, I've heard the wailing sounds come from several groups of people, and we're not anywhere close to the deepest level yet.

But if you have been here for a couple of decades, I can imagine that this place might not be very desirable.

I cling onto one of my youngest brothers since he seems to be the warmest out of all of us. Charlie is wearing a large black hoodie, and grey track pants which might end up splattered in blood before the night ends.

"We're going into the bottom level now, Ze," my youngest brother says from beside me, placing his hand on the small of my back, and guiding me down yet another set of unstable stairs.

I deattatch myself from Charlie, and independently strut through the dusty corridor, choosing to ignore the harsh goosebumps that line my skin, and the hair that rises on arms and back.

It turns out that the deeper you go in this basement, the colder it seems to get.

I'm beginning to think that the temperature has dropped below zero now, yet somehow there is no sign of ice, or frost in sight.

I must be imagining it.

From my position, I have a three hundred and sixty degree view of everyone around me. Even those in their cells.

The lights have been switched on, and even those that have huddled themselves in the corners of their cells are visible to my eyes.

All of them look worn out and poor. A small part of my heart aches for them before I pull myself together, and realise that they are all criminals- bad ones at that- who deserve to be here, because they have hurt the people I love and share blood with, in unspeakable ways.

My eyes catch onto Noah who is strung up in a small cell by his hands. He lets them dangle above him, but I can tell that he is frustrated due to the grumpy expression that adorns his face.

On top of that, his wrists have been rubbed to the point that they draw blood, so he either got desperate to escape, or one of my brothers had some fun with him.

Probably a bit of both. From what I can already guess, my entire family has a thing for torture.

It's almost as if he can feel my stare on his body, because his eyes open wide, and he just stares at me, as if waiting for someone to say something.

I'm going to be that someone.

"I want to start with that one," I say to my family, pointing towards the cell that Noah is being kept in.

My brothers and father all direct their bodies in that direction, and a couple of them nod their heads in approval.

Matteo ushers me over to the cell door, and takes yet another key out of his pocket, unlocking the large metal door with ease.

Because Noah is hung up by his hands, I have no fear that he might try to grab me and hurt me. However, his feet are still able to do damage, so I make sure to keep my distance.

Matteo stays with me in the cell, while the rest of my family breaks off into small groups to go and harass someone else on this wretched level.

I look towards my brother, hoping that he is going to guide me through this experience.

He picks up on my curiousness and pulls me towards the table I previously failed to notice. It's full to the brim with different equipment which are not used in a person's everyday life.

From the collection of extremely sharp knives, to the array of guns that look slightly different than the ones I've been seeing lately, everything on the table looks like it's made to inflict pure pain.

"First, Hazel, you need to pick out your weapon of choice," my oldest brother explains to me wisely, gesturing to the table again.

I pick up one of the sharpest knives on the table and turn it in my hand.

Noah kidnapped me when I was supposed to be protected by a knife. Now I'm going to help to end him with a similar knife.

When my eyes meet Noah's I can tell that he knows why I chose this weapon, because a wave of fear seems to rush over his entire body.

"Inside joke," I mutter to Matteo who seemed to notice the utter terror that spiked Noah's current form.

My brother just nods his head, and doesn't push for an explanation like some of my other family members probably would have.

"Now, you're going to have to figure out what part of the body you want to injure," Matteo explains slowly, signaling to the strung up teenager who has begun to struggle.

Not that anyone is going to do anything to help him.

"What spot would you recommend for a beginner like me?" I ask, wondering where I would get to maim that person who kidnapped and stalked me.

"For a beginner like you I think that it would be smart to go for the stomach or a limb. Nothing difficult like the chest or head, because they hold vital arteries and organs. One cut, and the prisoner will be gone."

I nod my head to what my brother said, understanding where I can slice Noah, and where I can't.

His stomach sounds like a good plan to me.

Without a second thought, I decide to plunge the knife in my hand forward, so it is directed inside the prisoner in front of me.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 81000 reads and over 3k votes - 3144 votes - (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3