fifty eight

Hazel's Point Of View:

Noah has decided that it would be best to blindfold me, so I don't discover where anything is. I'd like to call him stupid for making such a decision, but I have to give it to him. That's actually very smart, and I would never have thought to do it.

But I have a feeling that this isn't their first time kidnapping a person, specifically a girl. Fletcher feels like the type of man who takes girls to his house for pleasure and never let them leave.

Sue me for my opinion, I don't care. At this point, I'm thinking that this house will hold my gravestone.

'Here lies Hazel Bolivi. A kind sister, friend and daughter. Rest in peace.' Knowing them thought, they'd probably write something like 'rest in pieces' after blowing me up in a mass bombing.

Who am I to judge, though. I think that if I had the opportunity to blow them all to pieces, I would take it with open arms.

"Where are we going, Noah?" I growl at the boy holding me, after feeling the dramatic temperature drop.

"I love it when you say my name, baby girl," Noah purrs, sounding like a freaking cat.

I feel a shiver go down my spine at his sentence. Not too long ago, Adrian was saying the same thing to me, except back then, I got butterflies of excitement, instead of butterflies of dread.

I tightly seal my lips, refusing to say his horrible name out loud ever again. I can hear his sigh of defeat from behind me, as his disgusting breath fans my neck coolly.

A screeching metal reaches my ears, and I feel the need to cover them in fright, but before my hands can even move in retaliation, someone has already placed their own over my delicate skin.

Despite the sound being muffled, I can still make out Noah's fluent words from a different language. "Никогда больше не издавайте таких звуков, иначе вы будете уволены, и лично я выстрелю вам в голову за то, что причинили неудобство моей девушке. Ты меня понял, тупица?" (Don't ever make a sound like that again, otherwise, you'll be fired, and shot in the head by me personally, for making my girl uncomfortable. Do you understand me, you dimwit?)

"Да сэр. Конечно я понимаю. Я больше никогда не повторюсь." Someone else hurriedly replies to Noah's intimidating statement, and I lurch back at the fear in the other man's voice. What could he have said to spark that much worry, and fright. (Yes, sir. Of course, I understand. It will never happen again.)

"Хороший." I can hear the smirk in Noah's voice from behind me, as his hands soothingly fondle with my earlobes. (Good). "Я жду, что ты вернешься к работе. Отныне ты будешь чистить туалеты, придурок." (I am expecting you to get back to work. You'll be cleaning the toilets from now on, you fuckup.)

The sound of tense footsteps fill my ears, and I wait in silence before they trail off. Noah's hands lift from my ears, and I begin talking.

"What was that about?" I ask, in confusion.

"Just a man who couldn't even open a goddam cell door without making a racket," Noah announces in annoyance, tsking in frustration.

"Oh," I simply say, not sure what I am supposed to add to the previous sentence.

"Anyway, baby girl, I'm going to take off your blindfold, and when I do, you're not going to do anything stupid, okay?" Noah wearily says, as his hands make contact with the sides of my blindfold. 

I nod my head, in acceptance, and before I know it, the darkness has been lifted from my sight, and I am met by overwhelming brightness.

My hand automatically moves in front of my face, to try and shield my poor eyes, from the light.

"It's okay, Hazel. You'll get used to it," Noah cools, grabbing my wrists, and pulling them away from my view, before swiveling my body around. "There's someone in this cell who really wants to meet you."

It takes me a couple of seconds to realise my bearings, and when I do, I notice that the room we're in, is full of metal, barred walls, and formed into cells. The person in front of me, would have to be middle aged.

His cell is full of darkness, because no light sits above his cell.

The man's neck is bent, so he's not looking at Noah and I. I have to squint, so I can even make out his figure. 

All of his clothes, or what's left of them, is ragged, and makes me think of how cold he'd be during the winter, and how it wouldn't support him in the summer.

Grey hair spurts from his head wildly, and falls below his head. I don't know what it looks like, but it's in between a bowl cut, and a poorly done mullet.

Whoever did this man's hair, should be fired immediately, and be replaced by someone else to fix the prisoner's terrifying hair.

Noah pushes me forwards a little bit, when he notices my hesitation. I glare back at him, and he just raises his eyebrows in amusement.

I slowly approach the cell, wondering whether this man is going to eat me like a rabid dog if I get too close, but he does no such thing.

Finally, when my hands have connected with the cool metal bars, I press my face against the wall, and wait for the man to do something. Anything.

He looks up, and we make eye contact.

His eyes are the same as mine, and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

Could this be my father?

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 44000 reads and over 1k votes- 1827. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3 

P.S. If you guys don't like my book, then please don't feel obliged to read it. I've had a couple of negative comments about the story, but I think that some of you forget that I use an hour and a half of my time every night to write a thousand words for you all. Of course, I don't edit any of my work before publishing it, and will do that when the book is done, instead, so my writing is easier to read. So before you write a hate comment, save your fingers the trouble, and click on to another book instead. For those of you who don't do that, thank you so much, my loves. I highly appreciate your dedication towards reading my book every night. Have a great rest of your day guys, and I'll see you all tomorrow <3