forty two

I went to school as usual but was unable to identify who has been sending me the intimidating messages. However, I did get as far as pinpointing a couple of people.

First on my list, is Noah. He's Dolly's friend and the boy who inappropriately touched me in science. Not only that, but it means that we had a class today, and he wanted me there- as stated in the text.  

The next person on my list was one of my brothers. I'm not sure which one, but it could be a 'funny' prank done, to try and scare me away from hanging out with Adrian. After all, I did admit to Charlie about being in a relationship with his best friend.

Then, my final option is that it is a spam message, or a hacker, who's trying to get me to give them all of my personal details. Not going to happen. This option is a lot less likely compared to the other one since there was a photo of me and Adrian. I don't know many spam messages that have a person's face in them. But I have to keep my choices open, right now.

As promised, Axel is waiting for me when I get home from school.

"What do you want?" I complain when my older brother refuses to move out of my way.

"Didn't Levi tell you, this morning," the boy says, with a wide smirk across his face?

My eyebrows furrow, before they shoot up, realizing what Axel is talking about.

"The training," I mumble under my breath, refusing to meet my second oldest brother's eyes, knowing fully well that they are dancing with amusement.

"Exactly," he whispers, looking at me, just like how I expected him to. 

"I'll get changed and then we can start," I tell my brother, and without wasting another second, I run up to my room and get changed into more comfortable clothes that I can do sport in. 

As promised, I meet Axel back downstairs, once I have finished. 

He looks me up and down with humor expressed on his face.

"If there's something funny, please share," I drawl sarcastically, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You might get blood on your clothes, so I'd consider changing again," my brother says, trying to hold in a laugh. 

"I'll keep that in mind." But I don't make any move like Axel expected me to. Instead, I plant my feet on the ground and wait for his next instruction. 

"Okay, so if you're going to deny my requests, we may as well start," my brother explains, and without another word, he begins to walk away from me, presumably to where we'll be training. 

I scurry after him, wanting to keep up, so I don't get lost in our house, which resembles more of a maze, than a living space.

We come to a door, and Axel opens it, revealing a lot of exercise equipment. In the middle of the space is a boxing ring, and I feel the need to gulp, but stop myself from doing it, because I don't want to show weakness. 

My brother leads me to the boxing ring, and climbs inside, signaling for me to do the same. I follow him with slight hesitation, now knowing what he meant when he said getting bloody. 

"I'm just going to spar with you, and see what level of training you need," Axel explains, beginning to punch the air, as a way to practice. 

I copy his movements but end up failing horribly. 

I've never fought in my life, let alone thought about hitting my older brother just for the fun of it. And the other way around.

I'm almost 100% sure that Axel volunteered to knock me around. I can imagine his desperate self begging Matteo to let him beat me up.

Typical Axel. 

"Put your hands in front of your face, Hazel, and then we'll start." Axel demonstrates this by placing both of his hands defensively in front of him.

When we are positioned correctly, my second oldest brother calls out the word 'go!'

I lightly begin jabbing close to where Axel's body is, but he keeps evading my touch, by moving around the ring.

Finally, I land a right hook on Axel's body, but I can tell that he let me. The taunting emotion that plays against my brother's face only makes me furious, and I begin punching everything, even though it only hits the air.

"You're getting sloppy, Hazel. Calm it down," Axel says, calmly, but his words don't do anything to me.

"Hit me, you bitch!" I shout, continuing to unsuccessfully jab the air. 

Eventually, Axel makes up his mind, and punches me in the stomach. For him, it was probably a light hit, but I gasp in shock, and pain, before recoiling, and landing an uppercut on my brother's jaw.

Axel stumbles back in surprise, but quickly collects himself, and begins slowly clapping his hands, as if my punch was impressive- even though I know it was not. 

It was weak, and probably barely hurt him. It was just the idea of me hitting him, that got Axel stumbled.

"Okay, Hazel, I think that's enough for tonight. I'll discuss a training plan with Matteo about how things should go, and we'll let you know tomorrow," my brother says, brushing a hand through his now messy hair.

I allow my head to bobble up and down, as Axel retreats from the room.

Finally, when I know that he isn't anywhere near me, I sink to the floor, and allow the shallow breaths to take over.

Maybe I'm not fit to join the mafia.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 20900 reads and over 1k votes- 1048. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3