nine

I spend the entirety of the lesson worrying about what Fletcher wants from me. I know what I'd like from him. 

A proper explanation. 

Finally, the bell that signifies the end of the lesson rings, and all of the other students get out of their seats. As Dolly is leaving the classroom, she throws me a sympathetic expression, which only intensifies my worry. 

After the last kid has left, Fletcher shuts the door and rolls up his sleeve cuffs, so they sit comfortably at his elbows. 

"I never expected to see you here, Ze," Fletcher says with a playful and soft voice.

"I didn't expect to see you here, either. Or anywhere for that matter," I sassily reply. "You know because you disappeared off the face of the Earth."

My tone is bitter and edgy. I have no intention to stay here any longer. 

"This was a nice talk, but I think I'll be leaving now," I cough loudly, as I awkwardly excuse myself.

I walk to the door, and although the room is silent, it's louder than any place I've ever been. Silence speaks louder than noise. 

⚠ SEXUAL ASSAULT WARNING ⚠

Just as I place my hand against the doorknob, Fletcher slams into my body and pins me against the closest wall. 

A small squeal leaves my mouth, and I am seconds away from banging my head against the wall, but Fletcher's hand comes in between the 2 said things. 

I sigh in relief, before squirming around uncomfortably. This is not a position I like. 

"Fletcher let go of me," I say slowly, looking around the room for anything that may help me.

Unfortunately, when you're in a room with no windows and no extra accessories, a person's imagination is limited.

"I missed you, Hazel," Fletcher says, nibbling my neck gently. 

"Stop. Please. This is not right, Fletcher, and you know it!" I cry out, as my eyes scan the entire room.

But my English teacher is not listening, as he trails my neck with wet kisses, and forms love bites upon my delicate skin. 

Tears slowly trail down my face as I beg for Fletcher to stop. He's still not paying attention to me, though.

⚠ SEXUAL ASSAULT ENDED ⚠ 

Suddenly, the classroom door opens, and my eyes snap in the direction of the quiet sound. When I see the person who stands in the doorway I feel relief and fear course through my veins.

My older brother, Charlie stands there with a cigarette in his hand, and a shocked look on his face. I'm not sure whether he's going to laugh or hit something. 

When Fletcher hears the sound of Charlie's footsteps, he stops his sexual attack on my neck. 

"Beat it, kid. Can't you see that you're interrupting something," Fletcher exclaims, rubbing the saliva off his face. 

I look at Charlie helplessly, and shake my head, as tears continue to fall down my cheeks. 'Please' I mouth, and I have never felt more vulnerable and desperate in my life.

My brother seems to snap out of whatever trance he was in, because he storms into the room, and throws his clenched fist towards Fletcher's face. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Fletcher shouts in protest, and I can only assume that he is surprised about a student hitting him.

"Get your hands off my sister," he spits lowly, grabbing the English teacher's neck, and hauling him up against the wall I was previously forced against.

I watch in shock as Charlie's hand that remains wrapped around Fletcher's neck, tightens. My ex's face starts to turn a horribly pale colour, before transitioning to a dark purple. 

Shaking my head, I come to my senses and immediately rush over to Charlie and Fletcher. 

"Charlie, stop. Let go of him. He's going to die!" I exclaim in a worried tone. 

Yes, Fletcher just assaulted me, but I don't wish death on anyone. I have became even more sympathetic recently after my mother was killed. The resentment and bitterness I feel towards my mother's murderer is unmatchable... but what if my brother is the same as that person. A murderer.

I won't let him be.

"Please, Charlie. You're a good person," I beg. "Well not to me, but that is irrelevant right now," I mutter at the end, and I hope that my brother didn't hear me. 

"He touched you," Charlie growls, and I cringe.

"Calm down, buddy. We're not in a werewolf book," I retaliate, rolling my eyes. It's probably not a good time for a joke. 

Finally Charlie steps away from Fletcher, who gasps for breath, resembling a fish out of water.

"He'll be fine," my older brother grumbles, sounding more agitated than anything else. 

With one last kick to Fletcher's head, Charlie begins walking out of the classroom, dragging me by the arm. 

With my free hand, I wipe the excess tears from my face, making myself look presentable since we're in public. It's only my first day. I don't want to be seen crying yet. 

"Where are we going, Charlie?" I ask frustrated.

"We're finding Chase, and getting the fuck out of here."

And with that, our conversation ends. My brother still seems pissed, and I don't want to be his next victim. 

Charlie approaches a table which a group of boys occupy. One of those boys being Chase. He instantly stands up upon seeing our arrival, and my eyes zone in one his as he glances at my now bruised neck. 

I'm sure that I look like a mess. From the hickeys that scatter my neck to my eyes that are probably puffy from crying. Great. Just what I want. 

"What happened?" Chase asks in a hushed tone as we begin walking in the direction of the school gates. 

"Found her pinned to the wall in Mr. Halligan's English class. By the time I got there he'd already devoured her skin," Charlie explains, averting his gaze to my neck. 

I subconsciously pull my shirt higher, in an attempt to cover the disgusting love bites, but I can tell that my attempts are futile.  

"Come here, Ze," Chase exclaims, pulling my body close to his, as he embraces me in a warm hug. "That must have been horrible for you."

I don't say anything, and instead nod my head. It really was.

My sweet, perfect Fletcher, who loved to go on coffee dates and hug under ancient trees just assaulted my body while I begged for him to stop. I'm never going to forget the way his lips felt against my dainty neck, and the way he violated me. 

"We'll talk about it more at home, okay," Chase tells me softly, while he nods to Charlie, who repeats the motion, and walks the other way. Back to the English classroom. 

"What if I don't want to talk about it?" I mumble into Chase's chest, feeling hesitant to open up. 

"You either tell us, or we'll find out. And I can assure you that it would be better coming from you."

Well, I'm screwed.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for over 600 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3 

P.S. Sorry for the heavy topic, but I'm trying to make this book a little realistic. No one's life is perfect, and some of the best people experience the worst challenges. 

P.S.S. Feel free to follow my instagram, since it's a great way to know when I upload or announce anything.                      ur_anus_wattpad