sixty seven

It's been two days since I have last had any contact with people beside my brothers, and it would be a simple statement to say that I need to see other people.

Dolly and I call each other everyday, but so far, I've been unable to see her, since my brothers aren't sure who to trust at the moment.

However, today I'm excited. Our father has been brought from whichever hospital he was placed in, and put into the one my brothers look over.

We get to see him for the first time since he was taken away by overbearing paramedics. Even though none of them will admit it, I know that all of my brothers are beyond anxious, and are desperate to see our father now.

From what I know, he's gone through a surgery to get the bullet out of his shoulder, and the doctors were required to make sure that the metal didn't rupture any vital nerves and arteries which connect to a person's heart.

Thankfully, all of that went okay, and he has started to recover, and come back to a stable condition. Also, he's been bathed, had a haircut, gotten new clothes, had his teeth fixed, and gone through a mental heath examination, seeing whether he's doing okay in his mind.

Apparently, our father's an entire different person now, and resembles himself before he was kidnapped, and my mother took me.

"Levi can we go yet?" I ask following my third oldest brother around the living room, as he paces in an attempt to calm his worried nerves.

"Hazel, can you please stop talking for one second. I told you less than a minute ago that we're going to leave when Matteo gets downstairs," Levi scolds me. "If you want him to hurry up then you can go upstairs and ask him to. Otherwise shut your mouth, and wait like the rest of us."

In the past two days, Levi has been forming into an angrier, and more frustrated version of himself. Apparently, him and our father were close before he got taken, and Levi never had the opportunity to catch up with him, since he got shot.

I have to take some of the blame for Levi's anger. I use a lot of my time trying to get under his skin, and annoy him in ways that I didn't think were possible.

I think that it's safe to say that my brother is very sick of me.

Just as I'm about to go upstairs to fetch my unwilling oldest sibling, he makes his appearance on the staircase, decked out in casual clothes, which is unusual for him, because he's usually so formal.

"Where are the others?" He asks after noticing that it's only Levi and I here.

I shrug my shoulders in a way that suggests I don't care. Levi sighs loudly, and throws his hands up in the air, obviously feeling fed up with everything.

"Levi, if you're not willing to cooperate with us, then feel free to go and wait in the car. You're not any help to me at the moment," Matteo snaps harshly, pointing towards the garage door, where the car lazily waits for us.

Without another word from my third oldest brother, he saunters away in the direction Matteo signaled.

"And Hazel, do us all a favor, and find the boys. I told the doctors that we would be there..." Matteo stops talking and looks down at the fancy watch that hangs against his wrist. "Seventeen minutes ago."

I huff in annoyance, but follow his command, running up the stairs to find my other lazy brothers. 

I don't knock before walking into Axel's room, and see him spread out across his bed, on his back, listening to either music or a podcast through his white airpods. 

To successfully get his attention, I smack his leg as hard as my body will let me, and feel a smile spread across my face when he jerks forward, and yelps, clutching his reddening limb.

"What was that for?" He hisses, cradling and rubbing the spot I hit.

"We have to go. Matteo said we were supposed to be at the hospital seventeen minutes ago," I remind my brother sharply, and he slowly nods his head, standing up, and walking out of the room.

Great one brother down, two to go. I know that Chase and Charlie will most likely be together.

When I get out in the hallway, it doesn't take a lot of thinking to decide what to say.

"Charlie! Chase! Hurry up! We're leaving to see dad right now, and if you don't come down within the next thirty seconds, we'll tell him that you don't want to see him!" I shout loudly, and awkwardly wait in the brief silence, for them to reply.

It only takes a couple of seconds before the sound of intense scurrying can be heard, followed by grunts, and incoherent shouts.

Before I know it, both of my twin brothers stand in front of me, looking unpleased. I raise my eyebrows. 

"Why didn't anyone tell us we had to leave, until now," Charlie asked sounding bored, as he glances downstairs to see that the space is empty.

"We did tell you. Obviously you just have a listening problem," I sass back, starting to walk back downstairs, listening as both of my older brothers follow me. 

Suddenly, there is a loud crash, followed by Charlie rolling down the stairs, and Chase shouting one word that makes me race him.

"Shotgun!"

I push my brother out of the way, and try to get the the seat first, only to find that Levi is already sitting there with the door locked, looking more than unimpressed.

Damn. I guess that I'm stuck in the back.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 59300 reads and over 2k votes- 2374. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3