Caring

First, her foggy sight identified some golden hue surrounding her. Then, as she was recovering her eye focus, Annabelle found herself laying upon a vast wheat field on a hill. Such landscape was familiar to her, she noticed when she raised up and started walking around, looking at every direction where those yellow swath was spread, bouncing with the cool breeze. As she walked through the high aureate plants, her fingertips touched them in a tender caress.

The sun was high, it's rays were disturbing the cerulean orbs, so she put one hand at the level of her eye and continued her steps.

Am I at home? She thought while wandering around.

Finally, Belle saw someone in the middle of that field and stopped walking immediately. Hot and cold ran inside her, for even the man was backwards, she recognized him instantly. His long black locks were swaying with the wind, trying to cover his face, yet the Young Master put them aside, arranging his hair behind the ears.

"Kagewaki..." Annabelle whispered weakly.

"You took so long, Anaberu." At last his eyes were upon her, those beautiful calm brown globes. He smiled tenderly.

"Is here that paradise that many people talk about?" She asked while approaching him, her hand slowly searching for his to touch. "No, it cannot be..." Then her semblance hardened. "Naraku assured me you were not there" Annabelle's sorrow made her skin turn paler and her eyes a bit opaque.

"You have always been right about Naraku." The lad sadly commented, feeling affected by her sadness. "If only I had listened to you..." Hitomi sighed in regret, facing the ground for a moment. "However, you are here now Anaberu!" He smiled and took her hands in his ones. "I have been waiting for you." His fingers stroked her palms, warming them.

Her eyes found his once more, honesty seemed to shine within those nut-brown orbs. Although Annabelle knew Kagewaki was dead, the soft blush on his cheeks was almost showing otherwise.

"Where is this place, my lord?" she asked, a bit confused and suspicious.

"I have been here for some time, yet I do not know, and I do not really care about it anymore..." His voice turned low at the end of the phrase, showing conformity.

"Is it you? The real you? Or just another one of his tricks?" Anna found courage to ask and to touch his face, squeezing softly his skin, feeling its texture and warmth. His lips parted, yet he remained silent, maybe because her acts made him a bit shy. Her anxious fingers caressed his bangs and put it away from his eyes, she searched into those orbs any trace of sadism and found only confusion, but nothing similar to wickedness. Then, she squeezed his shoulders, his arms, till she finally grabbed him with such strength that if Hitomi was alive, he would suffocate.

"Please, tell me it is you..." She whispered, closing her eyes tight while her hands were smoothing his back. Inside her turquoise globes a storm was fighting to be released, but her eyelids wiggled stubbornly. Her nose reddened and burned from within. "I need it to be you." The last thing she said was more for herself than for him to listen.

"It is me, I swear, Anaberu" His voice echoed like calm waters and his gentle fingers caressed her flaming hair, his chin leaning on the top of her head.