A blow of suspicion

WARNING: a discrete sexual content ahead.

XXX

"You said you would convince him to free me and till now nothing has happened." Kagura reminded Annabelle while they were walking through a forest and the ginger lass was collecting some fruits into a basket.

"Calm down, I'm trying to do it bit by bit. If I pressure him too much, I may spoil everything" she explained.  "Days ago he wouldn't even let you go out of the castle without those wasps following us, and look, here we are taking a walk, freely."

Kagura snorted, and then crossed her arms, visibly annoyed. "What a great accomplish, to wander around this amount of equal trees, having to keep an eye on you so you don't get into trouble. But I must confess something though..." her voice sounded less hostile, "I'm impressed with this ability you have to make that idiot act with some dignity. It has been a while since he doesn't send me to participate on his traps, nor to try harming his enemies."

"Is that true?" She ceased her steps abruptly and gazed the yokai, with her celestial eyes almost widened "Isn't Naraku chasing Inuyasha and his friends anymore?"

"So it is, girl. I think your biggest power lies between your legs" seeing the embarrassment blushing onto the foreigner's whole face, the Wind Sorceress couldn't help but giggle.

"Kagura!" Anna almost shouted, her voice sounded an octave higher. After giving a little slap over her companion's shoulder, she ended up laughing as well.

"You know, first I've thought you would betray him, that you would turn your back as soon as you had a chance" she shrugged. "But who would tell that even Naraku could find someone to love him?"

"What?!" Was the demoness speaking about love? Annabelle nearly chocked swallowing her own saliva.

"Oh, please! Don't tell me you don't enjoy that jerk's company. When it's time to share his bed I never see you complaining." She smirked.

"Frankly, Kagura!" Anna covered her forehead with one hand. Although a part of her wanted to burst into laughing with such comments "Yes, I like to be with Naraku... but I don't know if I can call it love" she sighed pensively.

"And what is love then?"

"Good question..." the lass raised her head up, contemplating the sky with the same color of her eyes.

"Oh, how you two enjoy complicating things!" Kagura rolled her scarlet orbs and walked ahead.

Annabelle heard her voice so distant that barely assimilated it's words. Kagura didn't even notice, but her simple and funny commentary made the red-haired lass ruminate the many ideas twirling in her mind. Once, inside a cave, Naraku has questioned if she would love him, and her answer was similar to Kagura's sayings – What is love?

Would it be possible to label something so abstract as this mysterious feeling?

Well, the only conviction Anna had in that moment, was that it came the time to fulfill her promise and help the wind yokai.

On that afternoon, she arrived their home decided to bring that matter to the table with the castle lord. After many days together, spending hours side by side, maybe he would be more open, it couldn't be delayed forever.