I: Debt. [EDITED]

*Am i too late..? They're in pain... this is no way for them to meet their end!*
Dainsleif curled up, his hands on his stomach, groaning in pain.
An Abyss Lector was standing in the center of the room, in all its glory and obscurity, focusing its power onto manipulating some sort of device, connected with the "Loom of Fate" operation, brought forwards by the Abyss Order and Aether's sibling, Lumine.

<<Find a way... to stop that thing!>>
He tried extending his arm towards the device.
Aether nodded towards him, then launched himself at the Lector.

Trying to hit it, he was launched backwards by an unknown force: Abyssal Power, the same strenght as Lumine's.

Aether looked towards the portal hesitant, expecting to see his sister, but someone else emerged:
A light blue-haired girl, probably around 24, about 5'7, wearing an armor, similar to an Herald.
The Lector greeted her:
<<You've finally arrived, Skuld*. I thought her Majesty the Princess held you back for something.>>
<<The Princess sent me to retrive Dainsleif. It's time for him to pay his debt.>> she simply answered.

Aether put himself infront of the other male, Paimon slightly peeking from Dain's shoulder, cowering in fear.

<<You'll have to go over my corpse.>>
The smaller coldly threatened.

<<Skuld, remember the orders: no killing any of them, especially the Princess' sibling.>>

<<Yeah yeah, mind your business. I have other things to do.>> she spat at the Lector.

<<You're lucky you're King Alberich's daughter. With that attitude of yours you wouldn't have lasted long between the ranks of the Order.>> he mindlessly focused back on the device.

Aether launched himself at Skuld again, trying to hit her. She simply moved a step towards her right, just grabbing the boy's sword with her armored hand and taking it from his grasp.
She threw the sword towards the outer area of the room, then focused back on Aether, just kicking him in the stomach, making him roll on the ground.

<<So... this is the oh, so famous Traveler her Majesty doesn't want us to kill? Damn, i could end up killing him accidentally if I were to give him a stonger hit.>> she just mumbled in malice, looking down at the suffering smaller boy, then averting her gaze upon Dainsleif.

<<You are coming with me.>> she simply said, walking towards him, grabbing his arm and shoving him through a portal she just opened.

Halfdan appeared out nowhere, jumping onto the device, stabbing himself with it, and consequentedly powering it off.

<<Halfdan, don't do it!>> as a last attempt to wiggle away from Skuld, who was holding him down, Dain screamed to stop his dear friend.

Using all the strenght he had, Aether defeated the Lector, just before they could pass the portal.
A blinding light emerged from tbe device, and Halfdan's soul appeared.

Both Skuld and Dainsleif froze in place, along Aether and Paimon.
<<Apologies, Captain Dainsleif, Twilight Sword. Back then, i failed you, and i failed to protect our people.>> Halfdan started talking, not even minding Skuld holding his Captain down.
<<No. For five-hundred years, you have faithfully done your duty.
To this day, i'm proud of you all.>>
Dainsleif tried his best to smile to him, despite the whole situation.

<<Khaenri'ah...Khaenri'ah didn't fall... did it? Since you're still here...>
<<Correct.>> Dainsleif confirmed.
Having received Dain's acknowledgement, the valiant knight can finally rest in peace.
<<So...no need to revive the homeland.>> the Captain murmured softly.
Halfdan smiled, consoled by the Captain's words.
In a flash, he disappeared.
Skuld took the occasion and dragged Dainsleif away in the portal.
<<DAIN!>> Paimon cried out.

As the blond man passed the portal, he felt himself pass out from exhaustion, and everything went black.