IV: Caribert.

TW: Swearing, Panick Attack. May contain strong language.

<<FUCK!>> Kaeya screamed in anger, after Aether teleported everyone in Sumeru with the waypoint nearest to the place Dainsleif mentioned before: a little hut in the sumerian country, not too far from Gandharva Ville.
<<Paimon knew something was wrong with all that! Everything was too quiet!>> Paimon rambled, still not recovering from what they had seen just moments prior.
<<What are we going to do now?>> Aether questioned Dainsleif.
<<The best we can do is simply trust her judgement. She said she'd reunite with us after escaping Khaenri'ah, so we have to take thoose words for good.>> the tall blonde swordsman answered.
Kaeya fell on his knees, staring at his hands in anger and despair.
<<Kaeya!>> Paimon floated to his side, leaning her small hand onto his shoulder to comfort him at her best.
<<I promised her i wouldn't leave her... i promised... i'd be by her side forever from then on... i'm such a shitty brother...>> a sob broke his voice, as his hands clutched his hair in anxiety. His breathing pattern sped up and tears rolled down his cheeck two by two, dampening his eyepatch.
Dainsleif crouched infront of him, Aether worriedly following their moves towards eachother.
<<It's not your fault, Kaeya. No one could've imagined Lumine herself to reach out to us just to get her back. Sarah must've worn her out well after their fight, or else we would've been already attacked by someone of the Order. She's strong, stronger than you remember, so trust her choices.>> Dain rested a comforting hand on Kaeya's head, forcing the bluenette to release his grip on his hair.
<<If anything, we should be able to buy ourselves some time to investigate here.>> He added, shifting his gaze upon Aether.
<<Down this hill is a hut that time ago hosted a survivor from Khaenri'ah, and his son: Chlotar Alberich and his illegitimate son, Caribert. He was a Halfblood Khaenri'ahn, thus turned into a Hilichurl by the curse.>> Kaeya got up from his crouching position, thus they began to walk down the path.
They reached the wooden hut. It was small and had a little yard.
<<Me and Dainsleif are going in. Traveller, Paimon, you check out here. Make sure no Eremites surprise us.>> Kaeya still hadn't recovered, and he assumed a rather stern tone, but Aether paid it no mind, and just nodded.
As the two went to check the yard, Kaeya headed for the curtain of leaves that acted as a door.
<<Whatever we'll find here may change a lot of cards on the table.>> Dainsleif commented.
They exchanged an understanding nod, and, unsheathed their swords, they his behind each of the small twig columns that outlined the entrance.
Three...
Two...
One.
Moving over the leaves, they pointed their swords inside the house checking for anyone inside.
Unexpectedly, not even a Hilichurl.

<<The fuck?>> Confusion struck both Kaeya and Dain.
<<Unexpected. I thought we would've found... something useful, or atleast someone guarding the place. What can this mean?>> Dain contemplated to himself.
The swordsmen put their weapons away, and started inspecting the little room.
Dainsleif neared the small table opposite to the door.
<<Look here.>> he gestured for Kaeya to get beside him.
<<A box?>> Kaeya walked to his blonde friend, looking at him in confusion.
<<How could a small box give us any clue about Chlotar fucking Alberich?>> he asked himself again.
<<I understand you're still stressed from before, but please watch your language, Kae.>> Dain warned him. He wasn't fond of hearing people swear.

Separate section: The Feelings.
This section tells in POVs how the different characters reacted to a certain main happening in the story.
I'm adding this because we all know how the Caribert act goes, so no need to tell it again.

Kaeya
As he promised Sarah he'd never leave her again, he's afraid to have broken his oath to protect her no matter what. Kaeya at the moment is terrified, and confused as to what could she be feeling. Being her brother to him always meant a constant connection with her feeling and thoughts, so he always wondered what she felt and if she thought about him in the time they've been apart after he got abandoned at Dawn Winery.
Kaeya knows she's strong, but fears that the trauma might be too big for her to handle.

Aether
Having gotten to know her in the "wrong" way, in the short time they've been in eachother's company, Aether looked at Sarah like nothing but an acquaintance from the Abyss. He feared her in his small past experience with her combat style, and admired her for her guts. Aether is still worried about her,  seeing as Paimon got close to her in a short, short time. He's worried for Kaeya and Dainsleif's feelings too, as they are the closest people to Sarah.

Dainsleif
He tries his best to stay calm, but he just can't manage the stress Sarah's kidnapping put on him.
He's really worried for what the Order might do to her, and how she will be able to get back to him, but he's got his hands tied.
Being unable to protect her, as he should've done not with only her, but the people of Khaenri'ah too, during the Cataclysm, really brought a true trauma onto him, one he knows he won't heal from.
Dainsleif is confused about his feelings for her. She is his dearest friend, along with Kaeya, but he fears there might be more that meets the eye. He always feels weird around her, this weird urge to get in contact with her, to hug her, to reassure her she's doing great when she breaks down. He feels a sort of need to be in her life, to protect her. Dain doesn't know the meaning of love. He has no experience, hence he doesn't know how to address theese feelings for Sarah.

Paimon
Being the lovely little gremlin and comic relief of the group, Paimon had her private chances to get close to Sarah and befriend her. She was surprised how quickly Sarah opened up to her, but she simply thought she'd need another girl to talk to at some point. It's simple sisterly behaviour. Paimon considers Sarah a strong ally and a great cook, so she quickly climbed her list in her favourite people list.
Also, Paimon added her in secondth place, right after Master Diluc, in her "people to never tick off in any occasion" list. Sarah is lowkey proud of that. Everytime Paimon mentioned it to her, she just smirked and laughed off Paimon's fear of her, cuddling her with a hot meal as a mean to say she's sorry to have scared the Traveler's adorable companion.