XI: Letter to ////

<<I'm exhausted.>> Sarah let her claymore fall to the ground, almost collapsing from the estenuating fight.
<<Travvellerrrr, when are you going to Natlan?? Defeating that damn Cryo Herald without Pyro is almost impossible...>> Dainsleif catched the girl, lifting her up and hoisting her on his back.
<<Soon, i hope. After this, i think i'll speak again with Nahida. Maybe, as the God of Wisdom, she might know anything else about Khaenri'ah and my sibling.>>
But Sarah couldn't listen to the boy, she was fast asleep on her best friend's shoulders.
<<She still does it, huh? Hasn't changed a bit.>> Kaeya commented as he looked at his sister.
<<It's pretty much the same habit she had with you when we were kids.>>
The two Captains chuckled.
<<Well, Paimon thinks it's best if we set up camp here, noticing how Sarah fell asleep and how probably all of us are tired, it's pretty much useless to keep going in this state.>> Paimon came out of her pocket dimension.
<<She's right. I'll do the cooking.>> Aether confirmed his traveling companion's words.
<<Well then, i'll find something to atleast puff the floor.>> Kaeya confirmed.
Dain just laid on the floor, his back against one of the columns in the big room, with the girl in his arms, head resting on his chest, hand in hand with him.
"What is this feeling? I'm... all fuzzy. My stomach feels weird.
Is it because... she's here?"
While Dain was spacing out, Sarah nuzzled more to his chest in her sleep, a little smile adorning her lips.
Dainsleif couldn't help but smile with her, caressing her head.

Later that day, Nameless Ruins, The Chasm: Underground Mines.

<<*Yawn* Hey...>> Sarah woke up, finding herself on top of a wide awake Dainsleif.
<<You didn't sleep again...? Dain... we talked about this...>> she mumbled, still half asleep.
<<I know that, i just didn't feel the urge. I was rather outlooking for anyone from the Abyss Order, just incase.>>
He couldn't bring himself to face her. His insomnia is a problem he's always had after an accident that happened years before:

<<SOMEONE BROKE INTO HER MAJESTY'S CHAMBERS! WE NEES TO DO SOMETHING!>> Halfdan quickly reported to an half asleep, worried, Dainsleif.
<<W-what?! We need to go.>>
Both males rushed into the Queen's Chambers, kicking down the locked door. Infront of them was a total catastrophe:
The Queen, sprawled out on her luxorious bed, a pool of blood around her neck, now wide opened by a blade. The crown, supposed to be on a stand in a corner of the big room, now disappeared, presumably stolen from some thief.
<<Shit... Halfdan, stay here and try to search for any lead that could bring us to the culprit, i'll go alert King Alberich.>>
Upon receiving the order, Halfdan nodded, starting to search the room.
That day, the Queen of Khaenri'ah was killed by an unknown spy from another nation.
All because Dainsleif, as the Captain, the Twilight Sword, failed in doing his job, and instead, slept.
After that event, Dainsleif's insomnia manifested, and he completely stopped sleeping.