VIII: The Cathedral of Mondstadt

*Ugh...my leg... where... where am I?*

Sarah slowly regained consciousness as light made its way to her sensitive dark blue eyes. Her pupils lit up like real stars and started gleaming black once again.
The sun's rays were coming down straight on her eyes from the big glass paintings in the Church. The young woman started picking herself up, trying to move both legs and arms around. She lifted her upper body and tried to get out of the bed she was laying in.
A hand gently pinned her legs.
<<I'd suggest you don't move your leg. You could open the wound on it again.>> Dainsleif's familiar voice came straight to her ears, and automatically, her movements came to a stop.
<<Dain? What happened in the Temple, and where are we?>>
Her voice still sounded raspy.
<<Remember the Herald and the Mage that attacked us and Kaeya? The Herald escaped. I guess Khaenri'ah is already searching for their traitors.>>Dain explained, in an oddly calm tone.
<<How can you be so calm about this?! Not only my cover got blown up, but even Kaeya's! Oh... what if... dad comes to know about this?! Ah he's gonna send someone to kill us... uh... he'll be so mad if he catches us... we're doomed!!!>> Sarah's breathing got heavy, but a bigger hand laid upon hers.
<<Hey now, everything's fine, sis. Me and Dain are both here. You're not alone and everything's fine...>> Kaeya suddently popped out of nowhere, grabbing his sister's hand.
<<Just think about getting better, and we'll do the rest.>>
<<But now Khaenri'ah considers you as a traitor!>>
<<It doesn't matter anymore. Mondstadt is my home. While we were apart, i had my fair share of trouble, and some is still unsolved till today. But i guess it's just as it always had to be.>>
<<But->>
<<No buts, little girl, everything's fine, really. The thing that matters most is that you're with us, and you're safe.>>
Sarah clung tightly onto her brother and Dain's shoulders, clutching them in a hug.
Kaeya accepted it instantly, while Dainsleif needed an instant more to process the sudden physical contact.
<<Now can you tell me where are we?>> Sarah asked.
<<We are in Mondstadt's Cathedral of Favonius, we brought you here to get your wounds trated by Deaconess Barbara.>> Kaeya explained.
Im that instant, a little girl, around 15 years old, with blonde pigtails and a white dress resembling one of a Sister, came in with some tools and herbs, that seemed like medicin.
<<Oh! Glad you're awake! I'm Sister Barbara Gunnhildr and i'm the Deaconess of the Cathedral!>> Barbara introduced herself.
<<Captain Kaeya, Sister Rosaria will soon hand my diagnosis to you. You and Mr Dainsleif can go in the main hall of the Cathedral, she'll stay with me for further controls!>> beamed the teenager.
<<Thank you very much, Sister Barbara. We'll be going to Sister Rosaria now.>> Kaeya thanked the girl, and motioned Dain to get out of the room.

<<So, how are you feeling?>> Barbara asked.
<<Thirsty, and a bit sore. I guess it's from the lack of movement.>>
<<Yeah, it must be. I got you some water!-Barbara handed her a glass-Be sure not to extort yourself to exhaustion in training, you could rip your muscle again!>> Barbara exclaimed in a worried face.

<<I'll be sure not to. Thank you.>>
<<I guess you're free to go now! If you ever need a check out, just come find me here at the Cathedral or ask Sister Victoria at the entrance!>>
<<I'll remember that. Thank you.>>
Sarah lifted herself up from the bed, taking her time to get her legs moving again.

《¿?》
In no time, she was out of the Cathedral, where she knew Kae and Dain would've been waiting for her.
<<Huh. Khaenri'ah...i knew that he was from there, but now having not two, Albedo included, but FOUR Khaenri'ahn people here! I just...>> a Nun, dressed in black, with short red hair under a black hood, stood infront of the two males.

<<Speechless? Yeah i figured. The fact is that if the Abyss knows we're here, we'd put Mondstadt more at risk than it already is now. We need to move. I'll notify Jean as soon as possible, then we'll get going after the Abyss.>> Kaeya resumed his plans to Rosaria.

<<Guys? So we're really going there...?>>
Sarah asked quietly, listening to her brother.

<<We need to. If we don't stop this, no one will. But, we'll need the help of a certain Honorary Knight...>>
The blue-haired captain spoke.

<<Alright, we're here. What now?>> a squeaky voice came out from a few meters away.
<<Paimon, Traveller! What a joy! I'm glad you answered to my call.>>

The blonde Traveller turned to Dainsleif upon recognizing him.

<<DAIN?! SO YOU'RE FINE! YOU MANAGED TO->> then noticed Sarah.
<<You.>> glared at the ligh-blue-haired young girl, taking out his sword.

<<Blade down, sweet cheecks. We're on the same side.>> Kaeya and Dainsleif instinctively put themselves infront of the young princess of the Alberich Clan.