VI: Discover

Sarah woke up, instantly pulling her upper body in a sitting pose. Looking around, she found herself in a Sumerian-styled room.
After she scanned her surroundings, she loudly plopped back down.
*My head is exploding.*
She brought an arm to cover her face, groaning.
<<Fuuuuuuuck...>>
A sound of footsteps resonated in her direction, and she turned her head towards it to indentify the owner.
<<You're awake.>> a soft but deep voice greeted her.
<<I found you in pretty bad conditions, so i brought you here in my house to heal your wounds. How are you feeling?>> he questioned.
<<My head hurts. But except that, i'm fine. Just dizzy. Thanks for the help... uh...>>
<<Alhaitham.>>
She sat back up, her back against the headboard.
<<Thanks, Alhaitham.>> a small smile pinned the edges of her lips up.
<<It was no biggie. By the way, what were you doing in that alley in thoose conditions? What happened to you?>> he asked her again, sitting on the edge of the bed, beside her.
<<I...>>
*what do i tell him now?!* she furiously ran trough her thoughts to find a good alibi.
<<The Abyss Order, perhaps?>>
As Alhaitham shot his question, Sarah froze in her spot.
<<I'll take it as a yes.>>
<<H-How did->>
<<The symbol on your back. It's a Khaenri'ahn seal. Isn't it? I saw one before in an ancient book. What does it seal, though?>>
Sarah scooted back in fear, thinking about what he might do to her if he found out who she was.
Alhaitham, on the other hand, noticing her stress, didn't press any further.
<<I guess that's it for the questions today. Just answer whenever you feel comfortable with it. I won't press you.>> he got up, not even upset the girl didn't answer. He saw it coming the moment he mentioned the seal.
<<W-wait. I'll... i'll talk. Just don't tell anyone. Alright?>> she grabbed his wrist, not wanting to be alone again.
Alhaitham turned around, sitting back on the bed, ears opened for anything she had to tell, attentively focused on her.

Slowly, she told him all about her journey to the Chasm, Khaenri'ah and the Abyss, leaving some details, like for example her identity.
Then she told him about Kaeya, the Traveler, and Dainsleif.
Not surprised about the Traveler, Alhaitham told her how he helped save Lesser Lord Kusanali and enstable back her control over Sumeru.
He also told her Aether's whereabouts:
<<He could very well be in the Desert. From Sumeru City, you'll have to walk a couple of days and reach Caravan Ribat. From there you can just reach the Mausoleum of Deshret and walk trough the passafe of Ghouls to reach the Gavireh Lajavard in barely six hours. From there, just reach Tunigi Hollow, you'll find him and Paimon around thoose parts, presumably.>> he finished explaining to her the trip she should've made.
<<Do you have a map?>>