II: The beginning of what we call "life"

The universe has no beginning and no end, and so it was with the land it once was. But this matters not to us, for the land that bears us no longer has anything to do with that eternity without start or ceasing.
So said the lone sage, Aberaku, to the first Sunchild.
The origin of heaven and earth is like chicken and egg, and are not dragons and snakes kin?
No sooner had the sage Aberaku uttered theese words than he was overthrown by troops lying in ambush.

At that time, Enkanomiya had only just been bought some room to breathe by the appearance of the sun. The Dragonheirs loved the dark and shunned the light, and thus could no longer act with impunity. The days where the Dragongeirs would rampage and graze upon humanity like so much grass had, at last, come to an end, for the people of Enkanomiya finally had the means to resist.

Yet it came to pass that the flaws in human nature would rear their ugly heads even before such outside threats could be quelled. The people chose a Sunchild, crowned him king, and worshiped him and yet he ruled with a brutal hand, framing the righteous.

Unnumbered years would pass before a child of Enkanomiya would make a wager with his peers. Alone, he would dive beyond the three corners, evading the trail of the Dragonheirs, in search of a Dragonbone Flower. But what he found instead within a great cavern was a mighty serpent, one he had never seen before. Somehow, as he gazed upon the serpent's titanic form, the child felt no fear, but instead a kind of kinship.
I am the Profane Serpent. Though my servants are numberless, not one mortal now dwells in my shadow. That i have fallen into this realm, and that we should meet...
Perhaps this is fate. You are not one of my people, but you are human nontheless. Speak your desire, and i shall hear it.
Could you then, perchance, become our god?

Thus did they, human and serpent, go forth and face the royal authority of the Sunchild and the incursions of the Dragonheirs beyond- thus was the curtain raised on the turning of the tide.

What we wish to record is the tale of how heaven's will took shape on the earth below. O heavenly gods, these creations are your works. Grant us divine wisdom- let us endlessly record!

When the doves held branches
When the eternal throne of the heavens came, the world was made anew. Then the true lord, the Primordial One, came forth and did battle against the seven terrifying sovreigns, dragon-lords of the old world.
The Primordial One created shining shades of itself, and the number of these shades was four.

On Phanes, the Primordial One
The Primordial One may have been Phanes. It had wings and a crown, and was birthed from an egg, androgynous in nature. But for the world to be created, the egg's shell had to be broken. However, Phanes, the Primordial One, used the shell to separate the "universe" and the "microcosm of the world".

Forty years after the Held Branches
Forty winters entombed the flames, and forty summers churned the seas. The Seven Sovreigns were vanquished, and the seven nations submitted to the heavens. The Primordial One, the great sovreign, began the creation of heaven and earth for "our" sake- that of its creations which it cherished the most, who would soon appear upon this earth.

...

Four Hundred Years After the Held Branches
The mountains and rivers were made, and the seas and oceans accepted those who rebelled and thoose who would not kneel. The Primordial One and one of its shades created the birds of the air, the beasts of the earth, and the fish of the sea. Together, they also created flowers, grass, and trees, before finally creating humans- our ancestors, numerous as the stars in the sky, uncountable as the sand on the shore.
From that time, our ancestors made a covenant with the Primordial One, and so entered in a new age.

Initially, Teyvat was the Light Realm, an underground world reigned by the Seven Sovreigns and King Nibelung.
Phanes, a God from another world, came upon the Light Realm, defeated the Seven Sovreigns, and forced Nibelung to flee from his kingdom of dark to the Abyss, the overworld, the real surface, Irminsul's dimension. Upon the newfounded Teyvat, Phanes set Seven gods to reign as they pleased, while He divided into four Shining Shades of Himself: The God of Time, The God of Sun, and other two, lost to time.
King Nibelung, defeated, escaped Teyvat, fleeing in what we call "the Abyss".
Upon the blessing of the true moon of this world's surface, he gained a new power from Beyond.
Re-entering Teyvat, this power was encased in a ring, and the King of Dragons changed form, becoming the one Teyvat defines as the Second who Came. King Nibelung's ring was lost in His fight with Phanes, but recovered by a certain man, born in a faraway land, in the Abyss.
Irmin was just a kid when he found the ring.
Wearing it, his eye lost its purpose, and a black patch with blue veins encased it.
The power from beyond flowed trough him, and he became the one-eyed king of Khaenri'ah.
He soon had children.
Years later, Khaenri'ah became too powerful: their forces, aided by machines and robots, became a threat to Celestia's legacy, and soon became the Seven Archons' targets.
Five Hundred years before today, Khaenri'ah fell. Gods and Humans, creatures and monsters fell in that heated war. Khaenri'ah's legacy became nothing more than just the Sinners, and as King Nibelung was exiled to the Abyss, they too, were soon forgotten and lost to time.
Two Twins came upon the earth, two star Travellers that fled from their home, and visited different worlds.
Lumine and Aether were Stars: young Gods that had a passion for Journeys and Travels.
As they were about to leave, their path was blocked by an Unknown God. She was Asmoday: the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles, rules set by Phanes in accord with the first humans of this world and the first Seven Archons.
Lumine was taken away from Aether, while his Star power was sealed.
Aether fell in Teyvat, and the first Samsara cicle came to a close. An alchemist from Khaenri'ah, Rhinedottir, created a perfect copy of Lumine, imbued with the same power contained in Nibelung's Ring, and part of the Star power from Aether's Sword, later used to bail the Abyssal Moon in the Spiral Abyss. Rhinedottir created a lot of prototypes before reaching perfection, and so came to birth the Kreideprinz, Albedo, the current Chief Alchemist of Mondstadt  initially based off of Aether.
"Lumine" and Dainsleif travelled together trough Teyvat, and stumbled across Chlotar Alberich. The last descendant of the Royal Blooodline. (For more info, consult We will be reunited III: Caribert.)
And Lumine discovered her true purpose as the Princess of the Abyss Order. Dainsleif didn't support her ideas, and tried to confront her about it. They fought and he was defeated, forced to flee from Khaenri'ah. The only thing he was able to recover was Nibelung's Ring, but it damaged his body, turning it in a black-colored matter, with blue veins.
Dainsleif lost the Ring, and so he came across the Pari (check the World quest with Sorush for more info.)

Quest reference:
Opening Cutscene: Unknown God
We Will be Reunited: Act I
We Will be Reunited: Act III, Caribert
Khavarena of Good and Evil (full questline)
Albedo's Personal Quest.
3.5 Windblume Event: Hexenzirkel Cutscene.