X: Orbs of the Blue Depths

<<Do we... really have to pass through there first?>> Sarah mumbled, insecure of her best friend and her brother's choice.
<<I think that Hvergelmirr left a path for us. The Abyss always does. Maybe a clue or something in the Ley Lines that could signal a possible manipulation in time anywhere. Anything could be useful at this rate.>> Kaeya confirmed the Khaenri'ahn Captain's choice of plan.
<<Paimon remembers that Traveller fought some guys that were in a parallel condition to Halfdan's. When he managed to defeat them, they left nine strange... black orbs.>>
Sarah's gaze widened for an instant.
<<Black... Orbs? Wait, take one out. I might have an idea.>>
Aether nodded curtly as he started to fiddle with his backpack.
<<Here, this is it.>>
Sarah took the small orb in her hands. It was about the size of an Elemental Oculus, pitch black and purple. Ominous. The full plain reflection of the abyssal power itself.
<< I know where theese go.>>
As they teleported to the Nameless Ruins, Sarah led the way, walking silently and swiftly, while jumping from a suspended platform of the city to the other. After arriving in the main hall, when Sarah and Dain first simulated his kidnapping, they stopped.
<<...>> Dain remained silent as the girl by her side stayed close to him.
He looked at her, as she reached his hand and squeezed it gently, but firmly.
A bitter smile adornes her lips, as she spoke, voice as faint as a whisper:
<<I neved wanted things to go that way.>>
<<None of us wanted. But as i now think back to that day, he showed to us a particuliar detail. The curse was broken on him, as he finally died.>>
<<Well, we still have to confirm every intel in our hands. But, i'm sure the solution will come to us when we'll need it.>>
Dain, being as out of character as he could ever be, pulled Sarah into a tight hug, his heart rate speeding up the more he thought about what he just did.
<<Huh...Your heart's going a mile a minute there, Dain. Are you alright?>>
He just nodded, afraid to stutter any word.
Kaeya and the Traveller, in the meantime, just walked around the city's "outskirts", to try and find any useful clue of what exactly happened that evening during the accident.

<<Hey, Traveller, take a look at this.>> Kaeya motioned for Aether to follow his gaze.
The view in front of them was excruciating:
a Cryo Abyss Herald, standing infront of a couple of Mages, sending orders around to search the place.
<<You heard her Majesty>> It spoke.
<<She wants all of them, alive.>> the words leaving the Herald were separated one by one with a little pause of suspence, to remark Lumine's strict orders.
<<Huh, didn't really peg the Order for the types to act so carelessly.>> Kaeya commented.
<<Surprisingly enough, she still wants us three alive.>>
<<We better tell Dainsleif and your sister.>>
The two Knights exchanged glances as they nodded to eachother, getting instantly up to go and warn the other two.