21. Love And Honesty

Nathan~

The drive to the event was quite a long and silent one especially because it felt weird sitting with her in the back seat.

I watch as my driver Matt takes a turn and the highend apartment buildings pass us.

I kept looking over at Madison hoping to have some sort of conversation but I've noticed a while ago she's not really a talker, or maybe we just don't have that much in common.

While driving in silence I also can't ignore the pinch of guilt I feel.

I know he's going to be there tonight.

Her ex-husband.

Finding out about him in her file I got really surprised me because I knew him in the field, he's a financial advisor for a other shit company.
If Madison finds out about any of this it'll definitely be an interesting thing to notice.

Does she still love him?

She never told me the proper reason of why the seperated, maybe she'll tell me one day or maybe not, either way I don't want it to get in between our arrangement, if it will even happen.

Thinking about this makes me sound pretty selfish but I'm just simply doing what is right.

We arrived a little while ago and just waited in one of the private seated areas upstairs. The indoor fireplace keeping us nice and warm.

She's awfully quiet.

"Madison." I say standing next to the window while she's seated on the leather couch.

She looks up from her fidgeting fingers. She's nervous.

"Want a drink?" I ask.

She frowns at my question. "Huh?"

"Alcohol?" I walk over to the table against the wall with wine and whiskey.

She shakes her head no. "I'm okay, actually feels like I'm about to puke."

I put a few ice cubes in a glass and poured me some whiskey. "I hope it's the nerves. And only that."

She squints her brown eyes at me. "Are you insinuating that I might be pregnant?

"Did I say that?"

Madison let's out a mundane chuckle. "I see right through you Nathan Lane, what are you doing huh? Trying to see if I pass this wife test you're giving me?"

"I'm not doing anything." I down my entire glass and look down at my wrist at my watch.

"Besides, remember what happened when we got too drunk? I don't want that to happen again." Her sultry brown eyes stares into mine.

I raise a brow, "Oh really?" I ask testing her.

"Yes, really."

I can't help but squint my eyes at her.

Does she remember our love making?
Unlike me, I can't remember a single thing.

I turn around heading to the table to pour myself another glass. "You speak like you regret it."

"Is it bad if I say I do?" I hear her ask behind me.

I think about it for a second.

"You can't regret something you don't remember." I turn and face her now with the full glass in my hand.
"Or do you remember?"

Madison doesn't answer, she simply just looks at me.

I smirk, "Funny, I always thought I was good in bed."