34. Beautiful Chaos

Nathan~

Tonight my family is hosting a dinner for Madison and I, and when I told my parents about Madison they were ecstatic, especially my mother.
   The thought of telling them I'm marrying her is making me anxious. God, they can't wait for me to get married.

I'm seated on the edge of my bed, putting on my watch on my left wrist. I hear the shower still running, wondering how long this woman is going to take, seriously what is taking her this long?

I'm already fully dressed in just a casual blue cuffed shirt and a dark brown smart pants, Madison picked out my outfit saying that she will match me with hers, this is all so new to me, no one has ever told me what to wear apart from a stylist for when I do events.
   She even told me what accessories I should use and how I should style my hair.

This woman continues to surprise me.

I turn around and look at her side of the bed, her bedside table filled with the things she uses every night, like her planner, jewelry, water bottle and glasses. I recently found out she uses glasses for reading, which shocked me the other night when I walked in on her reading.

The new things I'm learning about her is making me realize that I don't really know her, but here I am, about to marry her in less than 24 hours.

Is this what cold feet feels like?

I sigh and get up to head out the door when suddenly I hear her phone ring.

I turn back and walk towards her bedside table, that's when I see his name appear on the screen.

The man she still loves.

Christian.

The nerve of this guy honestly.

As I was about to pick the phone up, the ensuite bathroom door suddenly opens, revealing a freshly showered Madison with a towel wrapped around her body, with her wet hair hanging on her shoulders.

Makes me remember the morning after we met when she stood with the duvet cover around her body, making me also remember her naked body I found on mine.

  She looks at me wide eyed.

The phone is still ringing and everything within me wants to decline the call. She walks till by me and finally declines the call. A few awkward seconds goes by when she places her phone back down.

Madison looks at my outfit smiling until her eyes reaches mine, "You look good."

She's completely choosing to ignore  the situation that just happened and I don't like it.

I think of all the possibilities of what to say and not get annoyed with this situation and could only think of dropping it because honestly he's not worth being annoyed about.

  I walk by her, "Get done, we'll leave in the next hour." I tell her and exit the room closing the door behind me.

...

I'm seated on one of the patio lounge chairs, enjoying the slight breeze of the early night.

  Lidith comes into view with a glass of red wine and hands it over to me.

I take it and thank her.

  Before she leaves I speak, "Lidith, what do you think of Madison?"

The elderly lady smiles at me, "I like her and enjoy her company, why do you ask Mr. Lane?"

  I pause for a moment, "I can't help but think that I'm rushing into something that I might regret later. I don't want to follow in my brother's footsteps." I look up at her, hoping that she could give me some wise advice.