28. Perfectly Fine, Part III

WARNING!! This chapter mentions cases of Domestic Abuse and Miscarriage. Reader Discretion is Advised.

____________

-Flashback-

A soft whimpering Madison was heard as Whitney and Jace entered the home.

  The door wasn't locked and as soon as they walked in the saw the broken glass of a vase and flowers right by the front door leading to the staircase.

Whitney gasped when she saw blood smeared on the floor leading up to the staircase. She knew something terrible had happened to her best friend and her cries she heard over their phone call made her immediately come over.

  "Madison?" She called out but no answer.

"God." Jace whispered, "This looks like a crime scene."

They walked in further, trying to avoid the shards of glass laying on the floor. "Maddie?"

    "I'm in here." A faint voice Madison said.

They entered the living room, and there laid Madison on the couch with a blanket around her.

Whitney kneeled in from of her, and wanted to get answers out of her but also knowing not to ask stupid questions.

   She clearly wasn't fine.

She analyzed her best friends bruised face, "Madison, what happened?" Whitney kept her voice stern, not daring to cry as she looked at Madison's empty eyes.

A tear flowed out of the corner of Madison's eye, "I-I'm so tired."

"The baby-" Jace spoke up, "is the baby okay?"

Madison looked up at him, her face turning into a violent sob. She shook her head no.

"I miscarried."

Whitney grabbed her hands, tears now in her eyes, "Where the fuck is he?"

Her friend had no words and just shook her head still crying.

She was clearly in pain as she was grabbing ahold of her stomach, and Jace analyzed this.

"She needs to go to the hospital. She needs surgery to be cleaned out before it gets septic or she could die." He said, turning to his wife.

"When did he do this to you?" Whitney asked, watching the bruises on her face.

  Madison had calmed down abit but had difficulty speaking of her sore throat. "L-last night." She tried sitting up and Whitney helped her, "He thinks I'm having and affair with Jace and then just got so violent and-" and then this happened...

"I'm going to fucking kill him! How can he do this to you? How Madison? How can you allow him to do this to you?" Her best friend exclaimed.

  Madison looked down at her hands, having no words to say.

"As your best friend, your sister, I'll help you get out of this, all you have to do is just be willing to please... Please Maddie?" She placed her hands on hers.
  "I know you love him, but it's time to love yourself."