9. My Best friend, My Safe place, My Euphoria

__

* **Flashback** *

As Madison laid her head on Christian's chest, he slowly wrapped his arms around her. His steady heart beat was music to her ears.

She looked up to him showing him the smile on her face as the music softly played in the background of his bedroom. Their bodies pressed up together as they gracefully swayed to the sweet melody.

𝑺𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚
𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚
𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆
𝑾𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕

Madison looked up at her boyfriend she's been with for a year, singing softly as the song continued. "𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍? 𝑨 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒘𝒏𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆."

The loving smile on Christian's lips warmed her heart and so she reached up to give him a peck. "I love you."
She whispered against his lips.

𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍
𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍

He took her hand in his and gave it a kiss. "Oh Madison, I love you more."
Christian spinned her around making her stare out of the window. He embraced her from the back with his head on her shoulder. "I can't get enough of you." He said calmly breathing in her vanilla scent.

For the past year everything has been amazing with Christian, and Madison knew deep in her heart that she loved him very much just as he loves her.
He was better than she even imagined. He was her best friend, her safe place, her euphoria.

"I want to go home." Madison whispered as if it were only meant for her ears but Christian heard.

He frowned looking down at her. "Is something wrong? Did I say something-"

"No silly." She laughed. "Look at the snow, it reminds me of home."

The drizzling white snow that fell outside by the window brought a sweet sense of nostalgia to Madison. It reminded her of when things were still good, and she missed it.

"You want to go back to Toronto?" Chris asked but Madison stood still for a second.

She turned around to face him again reaching up to move her hair out of her face. "I-i just miss my dad." She breathed out. "As lame as it may sound, when I was younger we'd build a snowman and make maple snow candy, and sing those annoying Christmas corals but we absolutely loved it. When I was around him I was the happiest, my mom was too."

Christian reached up and softly cupped her cheek. "I don't think that's lame at all, Maddie." He smiled down at her. "But tell me what is maple snow candy?"

The confused look on his face made Madison laugh. "You're such a New Yorker, baby."

"That's not true."

"Say ya?" Madison scoffed putting her arms around his neck. "But it's alright. I knew what I was getting myself into when we started dating."