31. Will You Marry Me?

Nathan~

I feel eyes poking at me from the side of my head, I sigh turning to look at her.

  Her face enchanting my eyes, "Can you quit staring at me?"

Madison clears her throat, looking down at our hands, "I will once you stop holding my hand. I hate being touched in public." She says annoyingly.

We reach the elevator to take us up my penthouse, and I press the button waiting for the doors to open.

"People keep staring at me, is something wrong with me." She says frantically looking around.

  "Nothing is wrong with you, Madison. Let them be."

She turns her head to look up at me, "I'm pretty sure I told that receptionist lady I'm part of your family, oh my god- what must she think?"

I can't help but slip out a chuckle.

"Can you quit laughing?"

The elevator doors open and I grip her hand tighter forcing her in with me.

  "No." I smirk down at her.

"I didn't know you're this annoying to be around." She says quietly but I heard her loud and clear.

  "Oh please, you know what you got yourself into." I say straight forward, remembering the time when she called me an asshole.

Madison's eyes turns and stares at me in a surprising manner, while I continue looking infront of me trying to ignore her.

The rest of the elavator ride is pretty silent which I'm okay with, Madison isn't much of a talker and I love my silence so I'm not complaining.
   Once the doors open we reach my private floor, and at the end of the long hallway is the entry door to my penthouse, the walk feels slow and heavenly as my hand is still grasping hers, but the moment doesn't last when I have to enter my pass code to unlock the door.

Madison seems pretty relieved as I hear her take a deep breath and face the other way.

I soon after open the door for her to step in first and I follow behind, and once I turn around after closing the door I'm in disbelief at the sight in front of me.

Madison too is surprised and she turns to look at me and once I scan the entire entry and living room space I face her frowning.

  Clearly confused on what the hell is going on.

"You did this?" She asks.

I feel my palms sweating, my heart racing.

The entire entry space is filled with rose petals on the floor leading into the living room with bouquets of roses, warm toned lighting is set and the fireplace lit with calm romantic music in the background. This is hurting my damn eyes.

Sebastian.

Is the name that immediately popped up in my head.

I'm livid.

Embarrassed.

Awkward.

I part from Madison and walk up to the vintage record player and remove the vinyl.

I hear her footsteps approaching, and I turn to face her feeling so embarrassed.

  "Uhh, No I didn't-" I started saying but was interrupted by Lidith's presence by the dining room entryway.
   I turn and walk up to my housekeeper, "Is this the only thing he did?" I keep my voice low, worried that Madison will hear, also worried that there isn't any other area in my house filled with romantic gestures.