33. Beginning Of The End For Nicholas Lane's Story

WARNING!! This chapter mentions cases of drug abuse. Reader Discretion is Advised.

____

Flashback

* *7 Years Ago* *

A freshly showered Nathan stepped out of the shower when he heard the front door bell ring.

He quickly dried himself and threw on some casual clothes.

Who could be coming at 10pm with such urgency?

He walked down the stairs of his small lofted apartment he purchased himself since starting college, until he reached the front door, and when he opened it he didn't expect Delilah to be standing there.

She turned and looked at him, she looked fresh, not like how he saw her a few nights ago when she almost drowned her own child, no, she looked like her normal self.

  Nathan frowned at her, "What are you doing here?"

She moved her curly hair out of her face and smiled at him, "Hi to you too brother inlaw. Can I come in?"

Nathan took a while to analyze her face, knowing that she must have an ulterior motive for being here right now which caused him to be curious.

  He opens the door wider, letting her in.

Once he closed the door, he walked right past her into the kitchen and poured them each a glass of water, and reached the living room sitting opposite from her.

"Thank you." She took the glass from him.

   Nathan just eyed her, no interest in starting the conversation first, he's waiting for her to do it. The stare from him makes Delilah anxious, but she still managed to speak up.

"I know you don't like me, you never have liked me, but I'm here to say sorry." She said. "We can't keep going on like this."

"You literally said you hated me, remember that?" He placed his glass down and looked at her with intensity.

Delilah sighs, "I didn't mean that, Nathan. That was just a very frustrating moment for me."

  "Does Nick know you're here this late at my place?"

She shook her head, "I came here on my own. He doesn't need to know I'm here."

Nathan raised a brow at her statement, sitting back comfortably.
  "Why are you here?"

  She rubbed her hands against her thighs nervously, "I'm trying this time for real, I'm getting the help I need and I already feel so much better. I'm finally trying to be the person I've always wanted to be."  She smiled.

  Nathan looked down, not interested in this conversation at all. "You came all the way here to tell me that?" He asked straightforwardly.

Delilah shook her head, "There is one think I need to tell you."

  "Which is?" Nathan asked.

She looked at him hesitantly, scared of what he might think but still found the courage to say the next few words, "I'm in love with you, Nathan."

  He glanced up at her frowing. Not believing his ears.
  "What did you just tell me?" He asked more confused than ever.

"I-I had to be honest with myself and I know it sounds crazy, but fuck I'm in love with you, not your brother. You're all I think about." She said with certainty in her big green eyes, tears formed as she expressed her feelings towards him.