24. Perfectly Fine

Hey readers! I'm back and I'll slowly upload chapters here on Wattpad. For the latest chapters on AMT you can follow me on Webnovel @cat_mickie. Thank you for your love and patience!
_________

- Flashback -

The warm toned atmosphere of the restaurant set the perfect mood for a double couple's date, the jazz song the singer sang with her beautiful sultry voice and with chit chatter and delicious food, it was definitely a good evening.

Under the table Christian placed his hand on Madison's thigh, the circular strokes sent eerie tingles down her body.

She hated being touched in public.

The romantic affection made her visibly uncomfortable and he knew that very well, but still she put up a tight smile facing her friends seated in front of them.

She tried shifting in her seat, hoping he would remove his touch but didn't, instead he squeezed his hand harder, almost pinching-like.

Madison gasps softly and turned to face him.

He wasn't facing her but she knew he could feel her gaze on him.

She wish she could've just wiped that smug look on his face. She was sick of it.

Sick of every fucking thing.

Sick of the manipulation.

Sick of the abuse.

Sick of him.

She needed to leave, she desperately wanted to.

"-And then she had the audacity to tell me it was the wrong material even though it was the same material she told me wanted during the consultation." Madison focused back on Whitney's story from her day at work.

Her husband, Jace, sat beside her laughing at his wife's story whilst enjoying his food.

Madison gave Whitney a smile.             "Maybe the client just changed her mind."

"Even so, she was pretty adamant that I was the wrong one in the situation, we we all know I'm never wrong, right baby?" She chirped laughing.

Jace nodded, "That's right baby."

   "You two are such a lovely couple." Madison blurts out after a few minutes. "It's good to see that love is still alive, you know?"

Madison and Whitney met when they were in college, and have been best of friends ever since.
Whitney smiled and placed her hand on Madison's, "You two make a good couple as well, so...cozy. He can't keep his hands of you." She laughed but a sense of uncomfortable pause could be felt afterwards.

"She's my everything, have to keep her close."Christian smiled up her her, squeezing her thigh.

After glancing away from Christian, she took a sip of her bubbly non alcohol champagne, eyeing the food in her plate half eaten, suddenly feeling nauseas.

A while went by and the alive restaurant made Madison tired, and all she wanted to do was go home and get in bed.

But no, her friends had other plans.

"Love, do you wanted to dance?" Jace asked his wife.

"If I dance in these heels my feet will be dead by the end of the night."

"Take them off, I'm sure no one will notice." He whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek, trying to persuade her.

Whitney shook her head no. "Ask Maddie."