27. Hooked And Partially Crazy

Madison~

I'm woken up by my alarm clock on my phone, the constant ringing in my ears makes me groan in my pillow until I have enough energy to lift myself up and switch off the alarm.

I sigh in my hands, I'm back in that same old routine, only difference is that I'm all alone now.

No Christian that's laying down next to me with his back facing me every morning. He wouldn't give me any goodmorning kisses or cuddles. That's just the way it has been ever since the accident.

I get my ass out of bed and make my way to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Once the kettle is done boiling, I make myself a cup of tea, blowing on it before taking small sips. I swear I can't go a single morning without my tea.

Luckily last night I already packed my work bag with all the necessary files for the day for my class.

After I check myself one last time in the mirror, fixing my shoulder length brown hair and my light makeup, I grab my bag and head out the door.
  I live three floors above ground and eventhough it's a small apartment it does come with a decent view of the busy streets outside.

Once I reach the ground floor at the bottom of the stairs I notice some commotion infront of the apartment building.

     "What's going on?" I ask myself.

I hear someone coming down the stairs from behind me, and once I turn around I see it's Shelly my neighbor speaking.

"What the hell is happening?"

   "I have no idea." I say and look back at the commotion outside, "They seem to have cameras and-"

I hear a big gasp behind me, "It's for you, Madison!"

  Turning around, looking at her confused I ask, "What?"

She steps down from the stairs, stopping infront of me. "You and that hot Billionaire hottie is dating right?" She asks excitingly.

My mouth is agape as I am at a loss for words.

She smiles, taking my silence as a yes.

  Just let them wonder...

   I look back at the double doors knowing the paparazzi can see me through the glass windows, "Well it's complicated."

"You need to get to work right?" Shelly asks, "You can't go through here babe they'll eat you up alive."

     I feel my heart racing and my palms sweating, "What do I do? I can't believe this is happening to me right now."

"Maybe you should get used to it though, you guys are together after all and he is the most influential Multi-billionaire bachelor in New York city. You basically hit the jackpot girl, own it." She smiles at me, playfully clutching my hand in hers.

After Shelly grabs my hand and leads me back up the stairs all the way to the front of her apartment and ushes me inside, she rushes to her bedroom and I follow.

She opens her cupboard, throws all sorts of revealing clothing out of her way and opens a chest. "My daughter is already on her way to school, I run errands during the day and at night-"

  I gasp when I see the contents in the big brown chest. "You're a stripper?" The chest contains a variety of sex toys in it and wigs.

Shelly bites her bottom lip as a wide smile is on her face, "Well... I prefer being called an exotic dancer." I let out a small laugh, not believing what my Monday morning is consisting of. "Here, wear this."

Shelly hands me a blonde wig.

I stare at the wig in my hands and  I go completely blank, I have no clue how to put this on my head.

"Calm down, will you." She laughs and makes me sit at the edge of her double bed.

    "How long have you been doing this?" I ask her.

"Well ever since my daughter was five months old I knew I had to do something, and coming from the Bronx and having a deadbeat guy getting me pregnant I refused to grow my baby up in that environment. I had to do this you know..for my princess."

  I turn around and face her, the wig now properly on my head, not entirely secure but it will last me till I get out of sight from the paparazzi.

  "You look like you enjoy what you do which is all that matters." I smile at her.

"Making guys broke? Oh yes definitely I love doing that!" She laughs while closing up the chest and placing all her clothes away.

After exiting her apartment, she informed me to take a left from the back entryway and then I'll be in the small alleyway of the building, which I did and thankfully I wasn't caught by any paparazzi. I walked to the back road of the apartment block and hailed a cab quickly as I don't want to be late for work.

I hop in the cab and tell the driver my destination.

I let out sigh, feeling a slight headache coming along.

My morning has already been so chaotic, and I can't help but think of what Nathan told me the last time I saw him.

"Have you accepted all of the risks and consequences that comes with me?"

All I know is my life is about to get a whole lot more chaotic from here.

Nathan~

Mmm, she's smart.

I look down at the Rolex on my wrist.

     "Follow that cab." I inform my driver Matt.

"Yes sir."

My phone rings in my pocket, I retrieve it and see that it's Sebastian calling.

Answering the call I say, "Morning."

"Hi, where are you? You normally at the office early." I hear Seb say.

I sigh out, "I'm making sure my soon-to-be wife arrives safely to work."

He chuckles, knowing very well that I'm following her, "Madison? Well isn't that very kind of you."

"Don't worry I won't do anything crazy, just yet." I tell him and I'm pretty sure he can hear the playful tone in my voice.

"You are hooked and partially crazy as well, you know that?
I'm just calling to remind you that Mr. Anderson will be arriving in an hour."

"Alright, I'll be there." I say then end the call.

I'm hooked and partially crazy?

And it's always Sebastian making these comments about Madison and I, and a part of me wants to deny it with every fibre of my being but damn, being with her awakens something within me.

So I'm curious to find out what this something is. She must just give me a chance.

____________________

15 December 2023.
_____________________

Happy Holidays to all that's Celebrating! <3