10. The Heart-shaped Necklace

__

Flashback

* *7 Years Ago* *

"No more fear! No more holding back! We are here for a reason. We made it, we just need that cup so that we can shove it down their throats." Nathan said staring his teammates in the eye, all huddled up in a circle on the field. "We are winners, we have something they don't: teamwork."

Brody, one of the team players nods at their captain's words. "You heard him, we got this boys. Victory!" He said shouting.

"Victory!" The whole team said in union.

The commentator starts off. "Yale trying to get their man up in the pocket, Trying to cut up Havard loose. Just take a look at their Julio, but Lane comes running from the back and catches the ball from Yale!" He yelled through the microphone, which energized the crowd to go wild.

"Are you kidding me? Look at him go! And it's a touchdown. Unbelievable! That was a spectacular catch, that will live in Harvard football history! Don't you think so man?"

"Absolutely!" The other one said.
"Now Lane is playing down field and it is hot hot hot at the 24 yard line, Yale is catching up to him but he passes over to Brody. He gets out of Yales grip and sprints. And there he gives the final touchdown. That was amazing teamwork! They played an spectacular game. Harvard definitely deserves this win."

The audience jumped and shouted in the bleachers with joy from their school's win.
Nathan turned and see his team mates jumping and hugging one another.
"You played good, man." Brody yelled over at Nathan and leaning in for their handshake.

Nathan shook his head. "Nah, this is all on you. You made that catch."

Brody smiled. "Woah!" He said as the other team mates placed the cup in his hands and picked him up, praising him.

Nathan smiled walking away, but then saw his coach. "You played well, Lane. We made history tonight."

"Thank you, Coach."

"Nathan, bro!"

He faced the person calling out for him and saw it was his brother. "What are you doing here? Thought you couldn't make it. Finished the deal already?"

He saw his brother coming down from the bleaches, holding a woman's hand. "Yeah, I flew in this morning. Had to come watch my lil' bro play, you were great out there. So you missed me?" He asked smiling.

"Definitely not." Nathan joked but met halfway to give his older brother a hug. "You've been gone to Columbia for four months and you return with a girl?" He asked looking at the olive-skinned girl standing just a few feet behind them.

"Not just any girl, she's my girlfriend. I told you about her remember?"

Nathan began to think. "Oh, yeah!What's her name again? Debby? Daisy? Doloris-"

"The name's Delilah." She said loud enough for them to hear over the marching band that played. Nathan faced her, Delilah came closer to them. "I don't know much about football, but you were amazing out there."

Her strong Columbian accent ringed in his ears. He gave his brother a glance. "Thanks."

"Baby, can you take a picture of us?" His brother asked, Nathan looked at him frowning. "Oh, come on! Just one picture."

Nathan took off his helmet. "Okay fine!" He watched as Delilah took out her phone and snapped a picture.
Brody comes over and hands the big golden cup to Nathan and Delilah knew she had to take one more. "Say cheese!"