4. Time Is Money

Nathan~~

"And then what happened?"

Opening my office door, I walk towards my desk with my personal assistant and friend Sebastian following behind.
   "Then she just left. Rambled on about how she doesn't want to get pregnant, but I'm pretty sure I used protection."

"Well it's better safe than sorry, right?" He says.

  I look up at him taking a seat opposite me. "What did I tell you Friday? I told you I didn't want to go."

Seb leans forward, frowning. "You wanted me to leave you alone while you felt sorry for yourself? That low-life whore really got to you, Nathan."

  I sigh. "Don't call her that, yeah sure she did some bad-"

"She cheated on you. In your own fucking house, with some bumb ass artist that's name sounds like expired Italian cheese. Don't feel sorry for her man."

Yeah, walking in on my fiancée having sex with some guy in my bed was not a pleasant scene. Right then and there I called the wedding off and broke up with her. Seeing her leave with tears in her eyes was just pathetic.

  "I don't feel sorry for her. You know I was never inlove with her, her parents insisted on us getting married and I agreed. She wasn't what I wanted but we had our moments."

In this industry everything is about power and money, faking it for the press even if you hate it. I didn't hate her, I just wasn't inlove with her.
But I'm actually glad Amelia showed her true colors, the sooner it ended the better for the both of us to stop wasting each other's time. And time is money.

"Sounds like Amelia was just in it for the money. I'm telling you man you have to be careful with who you meet. People don't see you as a normal person. You never know if that chick you slept with was also in it for the money." He comfortably leans back into the leather chair. "You know her name?"

  I begin opening some folders in front of me. "Madison."

"Well I have to say, Madison is really beautiful." I look up at my friend and see him smiling to himself.

  I chuckle. "Stop that." Then a memory from Friday night came down on me. "Who were you with Friday night? You were talking to some brunette?"

Sebastian taps his chin, in thinking mode. "Oh, I don't remember her name, but all I remember is she tried sucking me off in the back seat of my car."

   My eyes went wide, mouth open. "What?"

He throws his hands in the air. "Look who's talking. You fucked someone you don't even know."

I couldn't help laughing. "At least I know her name."

With a sly smirk on Sebastian's face, he leans in. "Would you do it all over again?"

I don't say anything.

Would I?

Maybe?

"Are you blushing?" He laughs. "Aww Nathan is blushing, he's inloveee." Seb sings.

And time is money.

  I laugh it off, massaging my temple. "Can you leave? And don't forget my black-"

"Black coffee with a little bit of creamer and one teaspoon of sugar. Don't worry, I got you. You make it sound like I only started here yesterday. " He completes.

"If you weren't so good at your job I'd fire you, because you're so annoying."

"Nathan is inloveee."