💍ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪᴀɴᴄᴇᴇ💍

Scene: Le Taillevent

Scene: Le Taillevent. Inside; Afternoon.

The De-Sinclair family members, Kalianna, Darius, and Vanita, are eating silently with Jeong Woo, Vanita's brother

Vanita decided to end the silence by setting down her fork. "Okay Jeong, ever since you got back in Paris, you've been acting off. You brought us out to this restaurant to tell us something but you haven't told us yet, what is it?"

Jeong clears his throat. "Can't it wait till dessert?" He eats a piece of the medium-rare steak on his plate.

"It, really can't," Darius spoke up, scratching his head. "I've gotta get down to the law firm to handle a divorce case in half an hour."

"Isn't today your day off?" Kalianna questions her dad, poking at the scallop on her plate.

"When it comes to work, when is there a day off?" Darius rubs the back of his neck with a tired look.

Kalianna frowns while Vanita looks at her husband in concern.

"Look Jeong, could you just hurry up and tell us? I'm sure whatever news you got isn't that bad." Darius eats a scallop from his plate.

Jeong sighs in frustration. "...I'm engaged."

Vanita's eyes widened, Kalianna gasped lightly, and Darius, caught off guard by the news, began to choke.

"Dad!" Kalianna cries while her father coughs, holding his throat.

"Hold on dear, I've got you," Vanita stands up, getting behind her husband's chair. "HI-YAH!" She delivers a powerful karate chop on Darius's back with her hand.

The scallop flies out of Darius's mouth, clearing up his windpipe.

"Ew," Kalianna cringed in disgust as the chewed-up scallop lands directly on Jeong's steak.

"Aaand I've lost my appetite," Jeong slides his plate to the side.

"I'm sorry," Darius apologizes to his brother-in-law. "So sorry Jeong."