big plans, the third - year 1

"Okay, so Alice and I are going now.", Dominique said, obviously nervous.

"It should be alright now, enough people are already leaving for you not to be suspicious.", Leo said.

"Yeah, and remember, the cushion is behind the stairpost, you just need to quickly do the spell while passing."

"We know, Lucas. Let's get going Mini.", Alice said, pulling Dominique with her.

"Good luck!", James called.

"Don't be too loud, what if people notice.", Leo said, looking around.

"Ah, they don't. I wish we could go out right now, but yeah, that really would be suspicious."

"That's why I took my Exploding Snap set with me.", Lucas said, pulling out the cards from his school bag.

It took about fifteen minutes until the first students seemed to notice, but the three pretended to not to get it.

About five minutes later more and more students hurried out, being informed by their friends and when Roxanne hurried in and told her friends who sat near them, they couldn't hold back anymore.

When they entered the Entrance Hall a big amount of students was looking at an already enormous pile of pillows.

"That have to be about a hundred already!", James called out excitedly.

"I wonder if it's already enough to jump down from the banister.", Lucas thought out loud.

James looked at the distance from the pile of cushions under the banister of the first floor.

"Yes. It's only... five meters. And the cushions are already over a meter high at the highest point.", he decided.

They ran upstairs and looked down from the railing.

"It looks higher than it did from down there.", Leo said.

"Nevermind that, I'm going first.", Lucas said, climbing onto the banister.

"I'll be right behind you!", James told him excited, "Now hurry up already before the teachers come!"

"WOHOOOO!", Lucas screamed, jumping down.

With a soft thud, he landed in the middle of the pillows, almost vanishing in them.

He held two thumbs up while the Entrance Hall erupted with cheers.

"WHOAAA", James yelled as he jumped after Lucas.

And with another soft thud, he landed right next to Lucas, both laughing like crazy.

Leo positioned himself to jump down, too, and the first students ran up the stairs to follow their example when a loud voice rang out.

"What is going on here? Cresswell, get down from there, Potter and Slater, you get out of there right now!"

Professor Swanson had made her way through the students and stood before the pile, that already took in a quarter of the Entrance Hall, with her hands on her hips, and outraged look on her face.

When they scrambled out of the pillows, and straightened up, she asked: "Is this your doing? How did you get all those cushions into here?"

"It wasn't us, they were already here.", Lucas said matter-of-factly.

"So what made you think to just jump down on them?", she demanded.

"Well, we took the opportunity.", James shrugged.

"That's no excuse!", Professor Swanson hesitated as a pillow duplicated itself and landed right before her feet.

As everyone was watching, they all could see the pile growing faster and faster the more it got.