for the protocol - year 1

They were still sitting at the breakfast table when the doorbell rang.

"Come on, I thought he'd come later.", Harry groaned and stood up to get the door.

He told this the person who was outside, too.

"Sorry Mr. Potter, protocol is protocol."

"Hmph. I know. Go into the living room, we'll be there in a minute."

Harry came back into the kitchen and looked at James and Dominique.

"I'm really sorry, but you've got to answer some questions about ... everything. For the trial of Dolohov and so on.", he sighed.

"Alright.", James said and swallowed his last spoonful of cereal.

Dominique made a face, she was still quite pale.

"It is 'orrible, why can't they just leave the poor children in peace.", Fleur muttered outraged.

"Sorry Fleur, it's the rules.", Harry sighed again, "And important for the trial of Dolohov."

Ginny sighed, too.

"Albus, Lily and Louis, why don't you go upstairs and play something."

"But I want to listen to everything, too!", Albus complained.

"That's nothing for your ears. Upstairs.", Harry told him.

"Will you play Frozen with me? You can be Sven-", Lily pointed to Albus, "-and you Kristoff."

She pointed to Louis.

"No, we won't play Frozen with you, also why am I always the reindeer?", Albus asked indignantly.

"'cause you look like one.", Lily giggled and ran upstairs.

"Come on Louis, we're going to do something more interesting.", Albus told Louis and they went upstairs not without eyeing the auror in the living room.

"I wanted to tell you earlier, but I thought Larry would come later. You ready to do this?", Harry asked.

James and Dominique nodded and they went to the living room, their parents following them.

The auror stood up when they entered and reached out his hand: "Hi, I'm Larry Gibson. I'm here for the protocol."

He was a pretty young auror, and James didn't think he had been at the manor yesterday.

His blonde hair with the green strand would surely have attracted his attention.

James and Dominique each shook his hand and then sat down like yesterday between their parents.

"Alright.", Larry Gibson took out a note pad and quill and ink.

"Now, I need you to tell me everything what happened.", he looked at James and Dominique expectantly.

"Well, I had forgotten my book and my quill at the Charms class room.", James started but Dominique interrupted him.

"Shouldn't we get started with the threatening letters?"

"Threatening letters?", Harry called out.

"I don't think that's important.", James waved off.

"Every detail is important, Mr. Potter.", Mr. Gibson told him.

"Alright.", James shot Dominique a look.

"So, I received the first letter in... I think it was shortly after Ms. Soren- no, Joleen Dolohov arrived at Hogwarts."

"What did it say?", Mr. Gibson said, devotedly scribbling everything down.

"I was gonna come to that.", James said and continued.