back to hogwarts - year 1

"Hi Mum, hi Dad, please let Antonin Dolohov out of Azkaban or you won't see Dominique and me again."

Dominique pushed him slightly from behind and he quickly rattled down: "Over all Kitty lies at noon down, hi Albus, Lily, love you."

Immediately, Dolohov shut down the phone and screamed at James: "WHAT DID I TELL YOU? DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT THE THINGS I TOLD YOU TO SAY!"

"I just wanted to greet my siblings.", James told her.

Dolohov pointed her wand at him and James body stiffened, knowing what would come.

"Jamesie?"

He jolted up, and a few seconds later James realized he was lying in his bed.

He was sweating and tears streamed down his face.

"Jamesie?", Lily asked again, "I've heard you rolling around in your bed. Are you okay?"

James couldn't answer, he shook from silent sobs and the nightmare he had just lived through again.

"Please don't cry. You're not supposed to cry.", Lily said, now crying, too.

She scrambled upon James' bed and hugged him tightly.

Finally James hugged her back, and after five minutes, the shaking began to recede and he was finally calming down again.

"Jamesie, did you have a nightmare about what happened to Mini and you?", Lily whispered.

"Yeah, but it's over now, isn't it?", James replied.

"It is. You don't have to be afraid anymore, I'm with you now and not the one who kidnapped you."

He was impressed of the understanding and perception Lily had of the whole situation.

"Thanks Lils."

"Can I sleep with you?"

A choked laugh came out of James' mouth: "Yes Lily, please."

Lily had asked him if she could sleep with him, not if she should.

Somehow, that made a huge difference to James and he hugged her once more before making space and laying back down again.

-----

Five days later it was time for James and Dominique to return to school.

Professor McGonagall had given them a week to be at home, and now that week was over.

James and Dominique were to go by Floo powder directly to her office, the connection was specially opened for them.

After James' stuff was still back at Hogwarts, he didn't have to pack anything, so he stood in the living room, waiting for it to be eight o'clock, and having a last talk to his parents.

"James, I really want you to tell us anything suspicious that happens. If anything like the letters occurs, please, tell us. No matter what's in there. The earlier you tell us, the faster we can act."

"And if it's someone like Dolohov who threatens to kill someone?", James asked.

"McGonagall will talk to you about that. And I don't want you to keep anything from me. Even if you think it'd burden me. Okay?", Harry said earnestly.

"Okay"

"Are you going to be alright back in school?", Ginny asked.

"I am, don't worry."

"Have an eye on Mini, will you? Bill tells me she's still having a hard time."

"I will."

"I'm going to miss you.", Ginny told James, hugging him.