Chapter 16

"Good morning." I heard at my side as my eyes fluttered open.

I turned my head to see Uba at my side. She wore a soft smile as she dipped a tea bag up and down in her cup. She had a second cup at the table next to me as she set it down. I sat up in the bed remembering how I had woken up here after the last ceremony.

"Good morning." I croaked out feeling as groggy as ever.

"Here this should help your throat." She said handing me a tea cup.

I took the cup and my hands felt the warmth as I held it. I saw a few nurses across the way talking to a young man who seemed to be holding his stomach. He didn't seem well but most people got ill at this time of year. I could see the snow had fallen overnight, which was overdue for the time of year. By this time it was probably past Christmas which had been a heavy dislike of mine. I hadn't even thought about the holidays if I was honest.

"I take it you remember last night?" She asked me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, mostly I think." I said looking down as I tried to recall what had happened.

"We all have many questions but I know your state is weak." She said and nodded knowing I felt frail. "I do have to ask, you mentioned Wisteria before you had passed out. Why?"

"When I was going through memories I saw something that wasn't a memory. Daigo said I was lost for a moment and I went somewhere else. I saw my parents talking in an office about how I could be controlled as long as I had Wisteria in my system. It's hard to known for sure but it felt like it was happening now because I never heard that conversation before." I said almost having to recall what had happened for myself, my memory was there from last night but it was surely hazy.

"Wisteria?" She asked looking at me and her face was blank.

"Yes, that's what they said." I confirmed.

"I see." She said looking over towards the nurses. "One moment."

She briskly walked off and I was left there confused. She was a very agile women for her age but she had walked surprisingly fast towards the nurses. I sat there silently confused at what I had said that had caused her to up and rush away. I looked to the window and saw several students walking through the courtyard outside. It looked unbearable but I guess the cold was better than the heat.

I pushed back the covers from my legs and swung my legs off the bed. I felt very weak in my lower half but I knew it's just cause I had been drained of most of my energy the night before. I watched as Uba spoke to the nurses and they went to grab something from the nurses station near the back of the Infirmary.

Uba came back with a tray after a moment full of metal instruments. I grew nervous as she set them on my nightstand. I saw another person walk into the infirmary and I sat up a little more when I saw it was Jun.

"Perfect timing." Uba said seeing him come in. He pulled off his coat and looked us with confusion. "Take these vials and get a few blood samples and bring them to Nurse Gia immediately. She'll know what to do of them."

"Of course, is everything alright?" Jun said looking caught of guard.

"Once you've finished bring her to the library." She said and I heard a sense of urgency in her voice.

She nearly ran off looking as flustered as ever and I just looked to Jun who hadn't even set down his coat yet before he was almost bossed around. He looked a little worried as he watched her leave the room. He set his coat down on the bed next to mine and looked to me.

"Do you understand what just happened?" He asked me as he stepped closer

"I don't think so." I said shaking my head. "I told her about last night and why I was talking about Wisteria."