No one, just Y/n

WARNINGS: self-harm, self-starving, depression, self-hate, swearing, etc

If you feel uncomfortable reading this type of stuff, please skip.

this is inspired by the song Fat Funny Friend by Maddie Zahm (the song above)

listen to the song first, it might help you understand what is going on

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I break the ice, so they don't see my size

I look at myself in the mirror, I put 2 different outfits up to my body. I hate how I look in either of them, so I throw them on my bed and grab a baggy long sleeve shirt and sweatpants.

And I have to be nice, or I'll be the next punch line

I force smiles onto my face every day, I think people believe it's my real one. If I'm ever not smiling, I always get asked what's wrong, and all attention gets turned to me. I absolutely hate it.

I'm just the best friend in Hollywood movies
Who only exists to continue the story

My friends aren't popular, but they are friends with the popular kids, so everyone knows them. Me on the other hand, no one acknowledges me.

The girl gets the guy, while I'm standing off-screen

My friend likes this guy, he is a player, and he has so many red flags, but she doesn't see them. I know this is going to end with him breaking her heart, but she won't listen, so I stay out of her way.

So I'll wait for my cue to be comedic relief

I was right, he broke up with her, and I'm comforting her. I cheer her up with some cringy dad jokes, because that is what I'm here for.

Can't be too loud, can't be too busy

If I talk too much I get told to shut up or quiet down. If I can't hang out with people, they make me the bad guy and guilt trip me into hanging out with them anyways.

If I don't answer now, are they still going to need me?

I was in the shower and my phone was on my bed. When I got out of the shower, I checked my notifications and see 2 texts and a missed call from one of my friends. The first one was asking if she could call me, then the missed call, then she said never mind.

Can't be too proud, can't think I'm pretty

If I am ever finally proud of myself, truly smiling my friends ask what, I tell them, and they tell me I don't need to flaunt it off. I'm wearing leggings and a cropped tank top because today was one of the rare days I was confident enough to wear it. I got called a slut.

Do they keep me around, so their flaws just seem silly?

I saw my friends talking so I started walking over to them and heard them talking about one of their flaws. I walked over and they stopped. One of them went on their phones and started texting someone, I looked at their phone and saw they were text another one of my friends. The text said, "When she is around, I don't think of my flaws anymore, only hers."

I say I'm okay, 'cause they wouldn't care anyway

They always ask what's wrong and when I try to tell them they say, "I don't care" or "Omg, stop complaining". I just started saying I was okay, even when I wasn't.

And I could try to explain

I got a therapist, maybe they will listen. I try to explain what is going on, but they don't listen either.