Chapter 1

~ 10 Years Later ~

I hugged Aaliyah as she left for school. She was now 14 whereas Nathan and I were in our mid 30's. Nathan was currently at work while I was just pottering about the house, cleaning up before eventually heading out to work.

I recently got a job at a new cafe that had just opened up in town. It was a cute little cafe on a corner in the centre of town. Most days, it was quiet, and we had a few regulars but some days, it would be busy, and we'd have a lot of new faces.

I worked there as a baker. I made all of the cupcakes and cookies, you know, the sweet and savoury snacks. I was mostly in the kitchen baking and preparing with 2 other girls and a guy who helped decorate the snacks and make sure they were good to go out on the shelves.

Once I'd made it to work, I put my stuff in my locker and put my apron on before starting to make some new snacks for the rest of the day and preparing some for the next day. 

"Hey, Stevie. I'm going to need you on the floor today. We have a party of 6 and I need all the help I can get." My boss, Kate, says.
"Kate. I've never done that type of work before and we need more snacks. I'd feel more comfortable staying in here, if that's okay. I don't feel comfortable doing something that I'm not familiar with." I say as she nods.
"Okay. You stay in here but can you spare Charlie? He's done this work before, and I really need the help." I nod.
"Charlie, Kate needs you." I say as he nods and follows Kate out onto the floor.

Once I'd placed everything I needed to in the oven to bake, Claire takes over as her job is to get everything out of the oven and prepared for the shelves whereas Chloe stocks up the shelves, leaving me to prepare more snacks. 

We have always had a system worked out where we each have one job and we could get the job done quicker if we stuck to the system.

XX

Once I'd returned home from work, Nathan was sat at the dining room table with Aaliyah, working through her homework. It was about 6.30pm and I remembered that it was my turn to cook the food.

"What do you guys want to eat?" I ask as I place my coat and bag up before taking my shoes off.
"We were thinking about ordering takeaway because we want something different." Nathan says as I nod.
"Sure. That sounds great. Pizza?" I ask as Nathan and Aaliyah nod and I order us some food.

Once Aaliyah and Nathan finished in the dining room, they came into the living room to eat before Aaliyah went to get herself ready for bed.

Nathan gave me a cuddle and quick kiss before we decided to watch a movie together. We stayed silent and just enjoyed each other's company, since that's what we liked to do.

It's always what we liked to do.

XX

A/N: Okay, this is short for the simple fact that it's the first chapter and I didn't know what to write. Also, it's the first chapter so it's gonna be boring for the first few but I promise it will get better.

Also, I'm writing this on 15/09/2022 and I posted this on 18/09/2022.

Enjoy

Love Y'all

~ Cee x