Chapter 11

~ 8 Months Pregnant ~

A month had gone by since we buried David. Ali still wasn't herself, leaving Nathan and I to worry about her a lot. Instead of isolating herself, she now goes out all the time to God knows where and with God knows who. She doesn't speak to Nathan and I unless she has to and Nathan can;t stand it.

"Stevie..." Nathan trails off as I turn to him.
"Yeah?" I ask as he sighs.
"I need my little girl back..." Nathan trails off again as I wrap my arms around him.
"Nath, she's almost 15. She's gonna change." I try to reassure him as he sighs again.
"Not this much." He mumbles as I look up at him, "You lost David too, Stevie. You didn't change." Nathan says as I sigh.
"Nath, she's never lost anyone. I lost both my mother and father. I have my way s of dealing with it and I know how to deal with it. This is her way of dealing with it." I say as Nathan kisses my forehead.
"She's starting to scare me, Stevie. We don;t know where she's going, who she's going with and what they're doing. Anything could happen to her." Nathan says as I sigh.

He's right. He's completely right and he knows that I know he's right. For all we know, Aaliyah could be getting into something serious and dangerous and we wouldn't have a clue.

XX

When Ali returned home from school, she went straight upstairs to get changed before coming back down.

"I'm going out." She announced as Nathan stood in front of the front door.
"No you're not." He said as she groaned.
"Get out of the way." She said as I stood beside Nathan.
"Ali, please don;t speak to your dad like that. Look,. we just want to know that you're safe." I say as Ali glares at us.
"I'm not dead, am I?" She snaps as I jump back a little.
"Ali..." I trail off as she glares at us, "Please." I say as she huffs and crosses her arms.
"You're gonna make me late and Cole won't like that." She says as I look at Nathan to see that he was fuming.
"Who the hell is Cole?" Nathan asks as I Ali rolls her eyes.
"My boyfriend, duh." She snaps as I take a step back from the two of them, knowing that Nathan was gonna blow up any second.
"Your what?" Nathan says through gritted teeth as Aaliyah repeats herself.

That;s when something clicked and Nathan blew up. I took a few steps back, watching them scream at each other. non of them winning this argument.

That's when I feel a pain in my abdomen. I clutch my stomach, watching my two favourite people still at each other's throats until Aaliyah sees me, clutching my stomach. Pain spread across my face as worry spreads across hers.

"Mum?" She asks as another pain flows through me.

XX

Nathan rushes me into the hospital before signing me in at the reception desk. I get seen to by a midwife immediately as she confirms that I had gone into labour.

Aaliyah was here with Nathan and I, despite her plans. I thought she was gonna jump and leave at any opportunity she got but, she didn't.

I had already been here for 3 hours and I was getting bored. The contractions started to get worse but I was nowhere near ready to give birth to Everett yet. It was starting to make me agitated.

"Nathan, I'm bored." I groan as He sighs and rolls his eyes at me.
"You're always bored." He says, bluntly.
"You're always moody." I reply in the same tone as him.
"Stevie..." He trails off."
"Nathan..." I trail off in the same tone as he pokes me, "Ow, jerk." I add on, poking him back.

Nathan rolls his eyes again before smiling at me and pecking my lips softly.

"Don;t call me a jerk. It's not nice." He mumbles against my lips as I stick my tongue out and lick the tip of his nose, "Ew." He moans as I stick my tongue out again.

Suddenly another contraction hits me as I groan in pain. 

"Haha." Nathan says as I punch his arm, making him groan in pain, "Bitch." He mutters as I glare at him.
"I don;t want a baby." Aaliyah suddenly says, "You guys are childish enough..." She trails off as I look at Nathan and smile.
"Why, thank you." I say, making her laugh.

That;s the first time I'd seen her laugh or even smile since we buried David and it was beautiful.

Another 2 hours later, I was ready to give birth to Everett, Well, I wasn't but he was ready to be born.

"Ali, saty here." Nathan says as we go into the delivery room...