Chapter 2

The next morning, I wake up to an empty bed. I sigh and sit up before getting myself ready for the day, starting with a shower. Once I'd showered, I got dressed and decided to get some breakfast, now realising that it wasn't just an empty bed but, also an empty house. Aaliyah was at school, which was good, but Nathan was supposed to have a day off work today.

Just as I put some toast in the toaster, my phone began to ring as I saw it was Nathan.

(N - Nathan, S - Stevie)

N: Hey.
S: Hey. Where are you?
N: I just dropped Aaliyah off at school. We were running late this morning so i took her. I'm on my way back now.
S: I'm sorry, Nath.
N: I'll be home in 5 and then you can explain to me why you're apologising for no reason, yeah?
S: Okay. I love you.
N: I love you too.

Once Nathan had gotten home, I had already eaten and cleaned up my plate. I was now sat in the living room, scrolling through social media.

"Now, tell me why you're apologising?" Nathan says, sitting beside me as I shrug.
"Because I wasn't up to help get Ali to school, and I can't give you another baby..." I trail off, not looking at him.
"Stevie, we've been over this. It's not your fault..." Nathan trails off, lifting my head up to look at him, "We've been over this time and time again. None of this is your fault. These things happen." Nathan adds on as I kiss him softly.
"That's not the thing that I'm worried about, though..." I trail off, "Nathan, we stopped trying. I know the doctor's said we can't but, we stopped trying. We stopped considering our options. We stopped everything." I add on as Nathan sighs.
"What do you mean, we stopped everything?" Nathan asked as I sigh.
"Nathan, you haven't touched me in almost 5 months. We stopped trying for a baby, we stopped talking, you don't touch me anymore..." I trail off.
"Why is that a problem?" Nathan asks as I sigh, frustrated.
"I don't feel beautiful anymore. You used to make me feel beautiful." I mumble.
"Stevie, this isn't about a baby, is it?" Nathan asks as I shake my head, "Stevie..." Nathan trails off as I look at him.
"What?" I mumble as he pulls me towards him, holding me.
"I love you and to me, you're not beautiful. You're stunning. I didn't realise how this was making you feel, and I've been so preoccupied in trying to occupy my mind because as much as it hurts to not make you feel how I used to, it's killing me to not be able to add to our family. But you are beautiful, you are stunning, you mean everything to me. You changed my life and I'm pretty sure, I changed yours." Nathan says as I kiss him.
"Nathan?" I ask as he hums against my lips, "Touch me. Please." I say as he kisses me and lifts me off the sofa, carrying me up the stairs...

XX

Nathan collapses beside me, breathing heavily as I turn over and cuddle into him. He kisses the top of my head, letting his lips stay there a while before I look up at him.

"Are you okay?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah. Just hold me." I whisper as Nathans arms wrap around me before he kisses me softly.
"I love you, Stevie." Nathan says as I smile and nuzzle into his chest.
"I love you too, Nathan." I reply as he kisses me softly.
"I told Ali that I'll pick her up later because it's apparently supposed to rain all day." Nathan says as I nod.
"That's fine but can we just stay in bed and cuddle until then? I don't have work today." I say as Nathan nods and wraps his arms round me.

XX

After Nathan had left to pick Aaliyah up from school, I started to make tea for all of us. I didn't know exactly what I was cooking but I still tried my best. I love to cook but I never know what I'm doing until it's done. I just throw a bunch of foods together and hope it works.

"Hey mum." I turn to see Aaliyah and smile.
"Hey. How was school?" I ask as she shrugs.
"Same as usual. Boring." She says as I chuckle to myself and feel a pair of lips on my cheek.
"Hello, Nathan." I say as he kisses my cheek again.
"Hello, beautiful." He replies.
"Gross." I hear Ali mumble as Nathan, and I burst into laughter.
"Ali, while you're sat there, don't you think you should ask your mother?" Nathan says, as I turn to him.
"Ask me what?" I ask as Ali shrugs.
"If I can invite Stacey, Louise and Ellie over for a sleepover Friday?" She asks as I look at Nathan.
"And you didn't approve this? You told her to ask me?" I ask as Nathan shrugs.
"Because you always say yes." He whispers to me as I smile at Ali.
"Sure." I then plate up tea before giving Ali hers.

Nathan comes back into the kitchen before wrapping his arms round my waist.

"I swear you give in too much." Nathan says, kissing my neck as I sigh.
"I don't give in too much, Nath. I just want to give her everything I never had. I was an orphan, you know? I never had a family like she has." I say as Nathan nuzzles his head into my neck.
"I know and she's grateful." Nathan replies as I turn to him and wrap my arms round his neck.
"AT least she's making friends, Nathan. I only had Emily and Jade, until they got boyfriends..." I trail off.
"Don't even mention boyfriends. Ali is not allowed one until she's 73." Nathan says as I laugh.
"Will we even be around then?" I ask as Nathan shrugs.
"I don't know but even then, she won't be allowed a boyfriend." Nathan says as I roll my eyes.
"You're too protective." I say as Nathan shrugs.
"I don't care. She'll always be my baby girl." Nathan says as I smile.

She'll always be my baby girl too.

XX

A/N: So, here's chapter 2. I'm just throwing things in because I got no ideas but anyway! Enjoy!

Written 23/09/2022
Posted 25/09/2022

Love Y'all

~ Cee x