Chapter 5

They had given me urine and blood tests before handing me the results in a letter and it definitely wasn't stomach ulcers.

"So? What is it?" Nathan asks as I sit beside him on the sofa.
"Suprise..." I say as Nathan reads the letter.
"You're pregnant?" He questions as I look at my hands.
"5 months." I say as Nathan looks at me confused.
"But they said..." He trails off.
"I know what they said, Nathan." I mumble as he lifts my face up to look at him.

Nathan was smiling brightly before he kisses me.

"This is brilliant." He says, leaving me confused.
"It is?" I ask as he nods.
"This is what we wanted. We wanted to add to our family and now we are. Aren't you happy?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah, I'm happy but I wanted to know from the first moment, you know? I wanted the full experience like I got with Ali." I say as Nathan shakes his head.
"But it doesn't matter, Stevie. You're pregnant!" He exclaims.
"You're pregnant?" I hear Ali's voice behind me as I turn to her, "I just get home from school and find out that you're having a baby?" She asks as I nod.
"Ali..." I trail off.
"I can't believe you're replacing me!" She yells, storming off.
"Aaliyah Haze Sykes! Get back here! Now!" Nathan yells as she stops.

Nathan has never yelled at her before. Aaliyah turns around and looks at Nathan.

"Apologise to your mother. Now." Nathan says calmly as Aaliyah glares at me.
"Why should I? You're both replacing me." She says as I sigh.
"Ali, we're not replacing you." Nathan says as Aaliyah glares at us both.
"I'm not happy about this." She goes to walk away again.
"Aaliyah! Apologise to your mother!" Nathan yells again, "Otherwise you're grounded for 2 weeks, and you won't have your phone!" Nathan adds on as Aaliyah throws her phone at us.
"I don't care!" She yells back before storming up the stairs to her bedroom and slams the door.
"Nathan..." I trail off but he storms up to our bedroom, leaving me on the sofa, alone.

I sigh and place my head in my hands, letting a few tears fall. My daughter hates me and now my husband is upset because he's had to yell at Aaliyah.

This is not how this was meant to go.

Not at all.