Chapter 3

It was Friday afternoon, and I was currently sorting out food and stuff for Aaliyah's sleepover. Nathan was currently at work and Aaliyah was walking home with her friends, leaving me to sort out dinner and snacks. Nathan and I had decided to eat when the girls were upstairs since we were going to have our own little movie night.

"Hey mum. This is Stacey, Louise and Ellie. Guys, this is my mum., Stevie." Ali trails off as we all exchange a hello, "We're going to go set up the bedroom for tonight." Ali adds on as I nod and carry-on preparing dinner and the snacks for the girls.

Once Ali and her friends had dinner, they took their snacks up to Ali's room for their movie night as I started to prepare mine and Nathan's dinner. I was making us a homemade pizza and was currently putting on the toppings, ready for the oven, when I heard Nathan come in.

"Hey." He says, wrapping his arms round my waist as I smile.
"You had a good day at work?" I ask as he hums in response and kisses my neck softly.
"It wasn't too bad. The clients loved their new living room." He says as I unwrap his arms and put the pizza in the oven.

I turn around and wrap my arms round his neck before kissing him softly.

"Where's Ali?" He asks as I smile.
"In her room with her friends, watching a movie." I say as Nathan kisses me again.
"Does that mean the dining table is ours?" He smirks as I hit his chest playfully.
"Nathan, that's disgusting! We eat there!" I exclaim as he laughs and pulls me in for a hug.
"I know, I know." He says, kissing the top of my head before we sit down in the living room, waiting for the timer to go off.

While we waited, we started watching a random documentary about sharks and other sea life (mainly sharks). Once I'd heard the timer, I took the pizza out of the oven before Nathan and I shared the pizza.

"I'm going to check on Ali and the girls." I say as Nathan shakes his head.
"No, you go the bedroom and choose a movie, I'll check on the girls because I want to see Ali before bed and then, I'll come join you." He says as I nod.
"Okay." I reply as Nathan rubs my knuckles.

XX

Once Nathan had joined me in the bedroom, we got under the covers and cuddled while watching a movie. I didn't even care what the movie was, I was more bothered about spending time with my husband.

"Are you bored?" I hear Nathan ask as I chuckle.
"Yeah. You?" I ask as he shrugs.
"Yeah." He says as I cuddle into him more, "I want to do something else." Nathan says, looking down at me as I sit up.
"Okay. What?" I ask he leans in and kisses me softly, before moving down to my neck.
"You know. Something we don't do often." Nathan says.
"Nath, Ali and her friends..." He cuts me off.
"Are in Ali's room on the other side of the house." Nathan says as I moan, letting him bite my neck softly, "We have the TV on and you're not extremely loud. We'll be fine." Nathan says as I agree.
"Okay."

Natha gets up and locks the bedroom door before kneeling above me, kissing my neck again, starting to pull my shirt off me...

XX

The next morning, I wake up to an empty bed before pulling on some pyjamas and my slippers. I make my way downstairs to see Nathan watching TV as I sit beside him.

"Ali up?" I ask as Nathan shakes his head.
"Haven't seen or heard her today." Nathan says as i nod.
"They probably had a late night then." I say as Nathan kisses the side of my head.
"Did you sleep well?" He asks as I nod, "Same." He says as I kiss him softly.

I get up and go to make some toast for Nathana and I, since he hadn't eaten before hearing someone come down the stairs.

"Morning." I hear Ali's voice as I turn and smile at her.
"Hey. Would you like some toast?" I ask as she nods.
"Please. Ellie, Stacye and Louise are all still asleep." She says as I make her toast first before doing mine and Nathan's, taking it into the living room, Ali following me.
"Morning dad." She says as Nathan smiles.
"Mornin' love. You alright?" He asks as she smiles and nods.

We eat in silence before Ali goes back to her room and Nathan takes the plates to wash up.

"Nath?" I ask, walking into the kitchen as he hums in response, "Can we start trying for a baby again? I know it might not happen but..." I trail off as Nathan finishes putting the pots away.
"Stevie..." Nathan trails off as I look at him, "You know what the doctors said and every time the tests came back negative, you cried. I hate seeing you like that. You're just going to upset yourself all over again." Nathan says as I sigh.
"I know. I just thought that..." Nathan cuts me off by kissing me softly.
"We need to reconsider our options." Nathan says as I nod.
"I know."

XX

A/N: Another update!

Anyway, enjoy!

Written 28/09/2022
Posted 28/09/2022

Love Y'all

~ Cee x