Chapter 15

~ 2 Years Later ~

Aaliyah was now 16, Everett was now 2, Nathan was 37 and I was now 35. It was the summer holidays and Aaliyah was currently out with her friends before they started college in September. Everett was at home with me while Nathan was at work.

I was currently sat on the floor trying to teach Everett some more words. He hadn't developed as quickly as Aaliyah did so he can't say much. At least I was trying to help him. Nathan also tries to help him talk more when he's home. It was difficult but not impossible.

Ali also had tried to teach Everett to talk but she'd eventually got fed up and stopped trying altogether. Aaliyah and Jake eventually worked things out and got back together and they had now been together for about a year and they were really happy and good for each other. 

Nathan didn't care much since he knew Jake's dad and he could see that Jake was a great guy and that he would treat Aaliyah like a princess.

"Stevie! I'm home!" Nathan calls as I pick up Everett and walk into the hallway, giving Nathan a quick kiss as he takes Everett in his arms,
"Had a good day?" I ask as he nods.
"Yeah. I have at least 4 new clients and my old clients are wanting me back. I've read a ton of amazing reviews too so I;m happy." He says as I smile and kiss him.
"I'm proud of you." I say as Nathan smiles and takes Everett into the living room, leaving me to go and make us both a cup of tea.

Once I'd made our drinks, I took them into the front room before sitting on the floor with Nathan and Everett, watching Nathan play with his son.

"Tractor..." I hear Everett say as I smile.
"I've been trying to get him to say that all day." I say as Nathan laughs.
"My clever little boy." Nathan says as Everett carries on playing with his toy tractor.

I smile as Nathan wraps his arm round my waist, pulling me to sit closer to him as we watch our little boy play with his toys.

"Hey!" I hear Aaliyah call before she walks into the living room with Jake, "Are you guys still going out tonight? We're still happy to babysit if you are." Ali says as I look at Nathan as he nods.
"Yeah. We're gonna go out for a few hours so if you can, try and get some rest too, okay?" I say as Ali smiles and nods.
"Sure. What time are you leaving?" She ask as I shrug.
"6.30." Nathan answers as she nods.
"Okay, Jake can stay tonight, right?" She asks as I nod.
"Sure. We love Jake." I say as he smiles.
"I love you too, Stevie." He says as I smile and allow them to go into the cinema room to watch a movie.

XX

At about 5, I went upstairs to shower and get ready. Nathan and I had decided to go see a movie and go to Wagamama for tea so I put on some black skinny jeans as a comfortable oversized jumper (it was Nathan's) before meeting him at the door.

"I hope they'll be alright." I say as Nathan nods.
"Me too. I hope Jake keeps it in his pants." Nathan mumbles as I roll my eyes.
"You know they already did it, right?" I say as Nathan shrugs.
"Yeah. I know." He grumbles, getting in the car and starting it.

I shake my head and watch the world go by me out of the passenger seat window.

Nathan is so protective and it's adorable.

He loves his kids.

I love them too.